At Philips Research a project is ongoing for the design of a mixed-signal IC for biomedical applications. The CMOS IC includes analog, digital and mixed-signal circuits. The candidate will take part in the design of this IC.
The candidate must meet the following minimum requirements:
- At least three years of experience in analog circuit design, simulation and layout.
- Designing basic circuits such as amplifiers, comparators, buffers, current sources, etc.
- Understanding of CMOS technologies in general: working with design rules, understanding process specification documents.
- Creating simulation test-benches for dc, ac, transient simulations using ADE-L and ADE-XL.
- Understanding low-noise analog circuit design.
- Experience with full-custom IC layout design using Cadence tools Virtuoso, Layout-XL, DRC and LVS.
The candidate should ideally also be familiar with mixed-signal verification. Perform analysis of mixed analog/digital circuits using the Cadence AMS Designer simulator. Creating behavioral models for analog circuits.
Basic understanding of Unix. Team player: daily interaction with analog, digital and system designers. Reporting progress and timely signaling issues. Fluent in English.