You will define and maintain the leading edge RF packaging roadmap for BL Smart Antenna Solutions. You will also align the roadmap and implementation aspects with NXP internal Back-End Innovation and Internal and External manufacturing stakeholders over multi sites. You understand the competitiveness and trends of the packaging industry – preferably with experience in advanced RF packaging. Therefore you are able to define a roadmap for the (near) future by having knowledge of external manufacturing state-of-the-art and innovation options. It is considered critical to co-ordinate with production fulfillment responsible persons that the BL package/assembly volume is clustered on few platform assembly lines to optimize cost. In addition, you maintain the packaging design rules and modeling. You will operate at BL-level and report to the Enabling Technology manager.
• As Director/ Architect packaging you are responsible for defining and specifying the leading edge RF package roadmap related to the newest technology.
• You engage directly with product and technology architects at our key customers
• Based on the product roadmap and associated package requirements you will define the functional requirements (FRS) for the new package developments, including electrical, mechanical as well as non-technical requirements. Especially Package manufacturing cost in large volume is an essential driver.
• You build a plan to execute the leading edge RF packaging roadmap. Roadmap steering is done based on Customer interactions and using relevant marketing input.
• With your working experience you will develop packaging models (thermal and electrical models) and maintain and support package design rules. You will align design rules across different development sites and you will share and work with different assembly teams over multi assembly sites.
• Further you will benchmark packaging competition and decide within the stakeholder groups whether internal or external manufacturing is required. In this work, you will work closely together with assembly and industrial engineers of the BL and at NXP level.
• As packaging architect you have an in-depth knowledge of the packaging industry.
- Masters’ degree or PHD in Electronics Engineering or relevant studies.
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in the packaging industry.
- In depth knowledge of the packaging capabilities and materials.
- Solid architectural experience related to road mapping, modeling and tooling - MUST
- Proven track record of advanced packaging for high performance RF packages up to 30GHz - MUST.
- In depth knowledge of the latest modeling tools
- Innovative way of thinking – MUST,
- Able to communicate with both internal (architects) and external (customers / suppliers) parties,
- Sector knowhow – Semicon.
You have an innovative way-of-thinking related to the packaging industry. You are known to be a creative and energetic personality that brings enthusiasm and ambition to the table. As you have been in the world of packaging quite some time you have a solid network and a broad expertise with various packaging families and modules, and applications. Networking in general is important to you and you consider this to be one of important tasks being a Director of Packaging. Being a self-starter you have no problems to hit the ground running. You possess a unique organizational talent with focus on result-oriented solutions. In order to achieve the best results possible you have a hands-on and pro-active attitude. As communication is key, this comes very natural to you and you are able to communicate with both internal as external parties. You are willing to lead-by-example and therefore be able to convey enthusiasm. You are able to establish excellent relationships with a multi-disciplinary/multi-location development team and with international stake holders.
We are looking for candidates that are willing to get an NXP contract after one year.
The candidate has to be able to create roadmaps for packaging and communicates with custumer, supplier and the internal organization.