To develop a concept, we are looking for a Lead Piping Designer who can set up the equipment and piping lay out of a drilling related asset. For this position a high level of knowledge on drilling related equipment is required. As designer you are responsible to integrate the different packages to a functioning asset. Safety in design and ergonomics will be of the essence in the design.
As designer you will not have to only set-up the PDMS model also you will be responsible for the drafting of all plotplans and piping arrangement drawings. We expect him to work independently within a team of professionals and communicate well with the rest of the project team
As Lead Piping Designer, you should feel at home working in an international environment and has adopted a hands-on approach. You should be proactive, have a down to earth mentality and good communication skills. In general, we prefer candidates with passion for their profession and with ambition to contribute to further develop the organization; team players with creative personalities.
- Set-up 3D PDMS model
- Administrate PDMS model
- Set up piping and equipment lay-outs
- Co-operate with other disciplines to set up overall lay out.
- Give input to preparation planning for discipline deliverables
- Take part in safety and design reviews
Experience & education
- MTS+ or proven equivalent work experience (BSc)
- At least 10 year experience as lead designer of offshore drilling related assets
- Experience with international design codes (E.g. NORSOK, DNV, API, BS)
- PDMS administrator experience
- AutoCad 2&3D experience
- Interdisciplinary focus/skilled
- Good Dutch and English communication skills, both verbal and in written.
- Past experience or working in the field of drilling is essential.