We are looking for a senior infrastructure specialist or developer who wants to grow into a team lead role or someone who already fulfilled such a role. The team currently consists of six engineers and the environment is very dynamic and complex (multiple SharePoint farms, satellite links, multilingualism and many ad hoc decision moments).As a Team Leader Application Engineering you are responsible for managing and optimising the technical functionality of all applications, to be the foreman when it comes to technical applications management and for the professional guidance and coaching of all Application Engineers.
- Conduct all activities and tasks in accordance with corporate objectives;
- Familiarise and comply with management system;
- Promote and support continuous improvement within the organisation;
- Give guidance to all Application Engineers;
- Provide continuity between different project phases and functional handover;
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to the products, processes and the management system;
- Plan the work in such a way that personal satisfaction and company interest are assured;
- Submit personal timesheets into the RTR/(Web)Solo system for approval on a weekly basis;
- Ensure all personal documentation is up-to-date and valid, such as passport, seaman's booklet, medical certificate and offshore survival certificate;
- Promote and support continuous improvement activities within the IT Department;
- Issue budget plan for Application Engineering.
Job specific tasks
- Analyse, develop, implement, document and maintain the functionality of the applications, application interfaces and (batch) processes;
- Give support and advice on the use of in-house built applications;
- Give advice on the impact of changes on the technical functionality of existing applications, hereby keeping in mind that the applications remain working;
- Supervise, motivate and manage the Application Engineers;
- Manage the “incident management”, “problem management” and “change management” processes;
- Act as a member of the Change Advisory Board;
- Approve team timesheets in RTR/Solo on a weekly basis;
- Conduct appraisal interviews;
- Conduct quarterly progress meetings;
- Act as project leader;
- Stand-in for the Department Head IT in case of absence;
- Produce management reports.
- Oversee the running of the SharePoint 2013 environment;
- Keep SharePoint up-to-date;
- Set up functional and technical designs including corresponding documentation;
- Manage the implementation of functional and technical changes;
- Monitor and maintain surveillance of the SharePoint environment and related systems;
- Create and maintain the security and authorisation within SharePoint;
- Advise the organisation on internal SharePoint facets;
- Support SharePoint users;
- Translate the needs of end-users in ICT solutions with Microsoft SharePoint.
Education & experience:
- HBO/BSc degree in Information Technology
- SharePoint 2013
- SQL 2012/2014
- Office 365
- Management and leadership skills;
- People manager;
- Strategic view;
- Helicopter view.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, both written and spoken;
- Willingness to travel.