A Dutch supplier of direct drive wind turbines in the multi-megawatt range, within the Controls & Electricals department --> “ Dutch design integrity & Chinese industrialization power”
As Software Engineer you investigate the various operating aspects of the wind turbine control and translates these needs into control software specifications, on the basis of which you implement, test, and deploy software.
- Translating the needs of main turbine controls like pitch control, yaw control, and converter torque control but also auxiliary controls like greasing and cooling etc. into control software specifications;
- Implementing the software on the basis of above mentioned specifications;
- Simulation, testing, and commissioning of control systems;
- Working on standardization of software with the goal to reuse software components in different wind turbine models;
- Developing methods to improve and support the control software development process for wind turbines;
- Software development of tools that support data analysis like logging systems, signal post processing tools, etc.;
- Configuration and maintenance of supporting systems like SVN repositories, servers, Ethernet networks, SCADA; participation in development of SCADA systems;
- Following new software development methods and techniques, and applying these methods to the software development process, if applicable.
- University or HBO+ (higher vocational) Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Control Engineering, Industrial Automation;
- Minimum 4-5 years relevant working experience with PLC control systems and automation software experience with Bachmann PLC, IEC 61131-3. CANOpen is a plus;
- Preferably knowledge of Matlab/Simulink, simulations of mechanical/electrical systems;
- Experience with the construction of complex technical products; experience with wind turbines is a plus;
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English languages in word and writings; knowledge of Chinese is a plus;
- Automation: IEC6113-3 PLC languages, Matlab/Simulink, C#, JAVA, Python, fieldbus systems, Linux.
Salary and Benefits
Start date asap. You will receive a contract directly with the company itself.