We are looking for an experienced build engineer, knowledgeable in supporting our VSTS implementation and building fairly large applications. The individual should be customer oriented.
The individual will be working on the PetroSigns Build and Configuration (PBC) team, assisting development and QA teams build and package the products so it can be deployed to end-users within Shell. PetroSigns platform combines subsurface modelling capabilities to help teams optimize both field development and hydrocarbon recovery. In order to take the best field development decisions, we need to understand the uncertainties and represent these in the modelling process. PetroSigns supports the integrated workflows that are key for sharing knowledge between technical disciplines and jointly estimate and manage uncertainty.
- Understanding of source control, branching and merge strategies.
- Ability to work closely with developers, test automation and performance specialists, release management and infrastructure specialists.
- Technical problem solving skills.
- Supports development of process automation initiatives and projects.
- Participate in planning discussions with development and other IT teams.
- Execute Proof of Concepts on behalf of configuration management, CI/CD (continuous integration / continuous deployment) practice, assessing new products and methods, developing and implementing appropriate practices across multiple development environments.
- Continuously evaluate and recommend improvement to CI/CD processes.
- Design, document and help optimize the CI/CD strategies in order to reduce costs while ensuring quality.
- Experience with one of more of the following: Hudson, Teamcity, Jenkins, Sonar, VSTS, CMake, NuGet, vNext
- At least 3 years of experience with Continuous Integration tool sets.
- Experience programming in common scripting languages like Python and bash
- A strong interest in the software build and release process
- Enthusiasm for providing support and a great software infrastructure to engineering teams
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Background in Computer Science or equivalent experience