About our contractor:
From product development and operations, to finance and marketing - every role at our company contributes to a culture of sustainable, global growth and innovation. Around the world, we work to recruit candidates who are passionate and curious with the belief that everyone has the potential to be a leader.
We are currently looking for a sportive Assistant Controller with a Germanic controlling background, who plays a broad role in our accounting and financial closing process. You are highly team oriented and hands on in financial accounting, cost accounting and financial reporting. As a Assistant Controller you are accountable for accurate, timely and complete financial information in support of operational decisions while maintaining all required internal controls. Depending on prior experience and personal development in this role, the team player we are looking for can develop towards a broader role in finance with increasing responsibilities.
KEY TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Work on the monthly, quarterly and year end closing process, perform analytical review, account reconciliations and supporting other documentation
- Responsible for the monthly German financial reporting and preparation German financial statements
- Analyze and monitor G/L accounts
- Contact person for German government agencies
- Preparing VAT returns
- Monitoring and maintain German lease car administration
- Improve internal controls, closing procedures and application of accounting standards.
- Participate in specific improvement projects
WHAT YOU NEED TO WIN:
- Degree in business administration or finance (minimum higher education)
- Work experience: around 3 to 5 years in an international German organization
- German speaking
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Experience with financial closings
- Very sportive (Cycling enthusiast preferred)
- Good analytical skills, attention to detail
- Proactive, self-assured, looking for continuous improvement
- Hard working, ambitious, dedicated to get the job done
- Team player: flexible and solution oriented
- Experience with Oracle Finance is preferred
Salary and Benefits
We offer personal development towards a key role in our finance team and to be a part of the unique culture. Furthermore, we offer the possibility to combine work and sports: Work hard and play harder!