As Central Production Engineer Casco you work in the heart of our organization. You will be responsible for the technical preparation and guidance of projects relating production. Besides that you will also play a role in work preparation. The role also involves the creation of production information for ship section editing and construction. As Central Production Engineer Casco, you will be responsible for the following:
- studying, interpreting and discussing the building project with the Project Coordinator and/or Casco group leader
- assessing the technical feasibility of production drawings
- providing practical instructions and creating detailed construction information to discuss with design engineers
- making sure that there is sufficient information to produce 2D- and 3D-shaped ship parts
- creating detailed drawings for plate and profile parts
- preparing analysis reports, profile lists, profile sketches and drawing lists
- identifying incidental nesting of plate parts
- specifying the necessary plates and profiles for each job
- creating detailed sketches and drawings, with all relevant measurement information
- preparing and creating templates for specific constructions and translating these records into the IT system
- procuring base materials for new projects.
RequirementsTo be eligible for the position of Central Production Engineer Casco, you must have the following:
- a senior secondary vocational (MBO level 4) diploma in construction engineering or similar
- at least five years of relevant work experience in a similar technical role in the maritime, steel construction or shipbuilding industry
- experience reading technical drawings and making simple strength and angle calculations
- knowledge of, and experience with, welding procedures
- the ability to organise production, production resources and possibilities
- experience with programming interactive nesting systems (cutting machines), production equipment, editing capabilities and routing, CNC-production and control techniques as well as logistic programs, standard quality and inspection requirements
- knowledge of specific systems such as Nupas, MicroStation, Mars and Microsoft Office
- an excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills preferable
- an online assessment and screening is part of the recruitment process
- only candidates with EU work visa (residents) will be considered as viable candidates.
Terms of employmentRoyal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Contact informationAre you interested in the position of Central Production Engineer Casco and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
www.twitter.com/ihcjobs www.facebook.com/royalihc www.linkedin.com/company/royalihc
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.