Are you an experienced project manager with an affinity for hands-on tasks? Do you have the ability to multi-task whilst staying calm under pressure? Our client, a prestigious European Institution located in the Amsterdam area, is looking for a hands-on facilities manager with the right mix of hands-on experience and people management/presentation skills. Sounds like you? Please read on for more details!
- Serving as the focal-point for maintenance, post/mailing, supplies/stationary/equipment (including inventory management), bills from suppliers/service-providers, and errands;
- Maintaining relationship with suppliers and service-providers related to office and building matters, including contacts with local hotels and with the company's restaurant's staff, caterer, and suppliers;
- Managing contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease, in consultation with the Financial Manager;
- Organising all of the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of the office;
- Ensuring that office equipment is well maintained and supplies kept in stock;
- Recording office expenditures and operating within the budget;
- Reviewing and updating health and safety policies and ensuring they are observed;
- Arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices;
- Maintaining office and facilities-related documentation;
- Maintaining the condition of the building and offices, and arranging for necessary repairs (such as broken lamps, stains, broken curtains, faulty equipment etc.);
- Responsible for smooth operation and serviceability of all office equipment;
- Practical coordination and troubleshooting on ICT infrastructure and telephony (main focal point);
- Responsible for all security issues, evacuation and safety procedures;
- Responsible for all other building/facility matters;
- Supervising of the receptionists.
- University degree in one of the following disciplines: business administration, computing, information technology or facility management;
- At least 3-4 years' proven experience in Office/Facility Management;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch, both written and spoken;
- Outstanding project management skills including strong organisational and planning skills;
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously and efficiently;
- Experience with reviewing contractual information;
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and anticipate on process-critical situations.
- Service-oriented nature. A willingness to help out where necessary (including manning the reception desk when needed and providing general support to visitors);
- Polished, respectful, and professional demeanor.
Ready for this new challenge? Apply now and let's get in touch!
To keep up to date with new opportunities follow us @octagoncareers, Facebook, Linkedin or take a look at our website. Octagon is a global-minded recruitment and HR services firm with 20+ years of experience in the European and international market. We help international companies with their recruitment needs, providing flexible solutions customized to fit each specific case. With internal functional specializations in the fields of Finance, IT, Sales & Marketing, Business Support (HR, Procurement, Legal, Support/Admin), we keep our expertise and knowledge up to speed with market developments to best utilize our large network of professionals and provide high quality services to our clients.