Are you an innovative and out of the box thinking Senior R&D Engineer that has knowledge of mechanical and hydro dynamical behaviour of offshore structures and propulsion systems? Do you have multidisciplinary experience in projects and recognize yourself as independent thinker who is able to understand where the need for a concept comes from an able to distinguish major and minor issues? Would you like to be part of a group of dedicated and committed pioneer engineers within a leading edge company that develops innovative and smart technological solutions? then we think you are the right fit for the Senior R&D Engineer position.
As a Senior R&D Engineer you will work within the R&D department which consists of a group of 20 expert research engineers in their field, whether hydrodynamics or electrical, which are dedicated to developing innovative solutions to complex problems in the dredging and offshore industry. Based on your multidisciplinary background and passion for innovation you are capable of creating and selecting applicable mechanical solutions for project-related issues. At the same time you are well informed about the market trends and needs and are able to translate these into new innovations for experimental issues. Once these concepts are developed, you as a Senior R&D Engineer, will be entitled to weigh, test and apply these solutions.
Furthermore, the Senior R&D Engineer has the following tasks:
- Execute desk studies and literature reviews;
- Perform and supervise tests, field measurements/ laboratory measurements and gather data outcome;
- Furhter more as a Senior R&D Engineer you will analyse data and draft clear and scientifically accurate reports;
- As a Senior R&D Engineer you are required to develop new computational and numerical models;
- Report and share results & reports with other researchers by means of presentations and meetings.
As Senior R&D Engineer you meet the following requirements:
- MSc. in Mechanical Engineering or similar;
- 10+ yrs. exp. a multidisciplinary project position preferably in the equipment or heavy machinery related to Dreding or Offshore industry;
- In depth knowledge of mechanical and hydro dynamical behaviour of maritime structures & propulsion mechanisms;
- Based on your multidisciplinary background, you have ability to understand the complexity of certain issues and to set up/develop new concepts/studies to shed light on these issues;
- As a Senior R&D Engineer you are have knowledge of hydrualics & control & measurement;
- True passion for innovation and ability to think out the box;
- Independent, pragmatic, analytical and a strong personality;
- Knowledge of scientific methods, monitoring techniques and simulations;
- Knowledge of patent / patent procedures;
- Excellent documentation, reporting, communication & presentation skills;
- Excellent command of English both spoken and written;
Depending on professional and personal situation, we offer the Senior R&D Engineer a suitable benefits package, We would like to explain this in a personal conversation.