• Eager to learn;
• Experience in a luxury (cocktail) bar;
• You are a team player;
• You are flexible in working hours and duties;
• You have a professional and service-oriented attitude;
• You enjoy working in an international environment;
• You have good communication skills;
• You are fluent in Dutch and English and maybe more languages.
How To Apply:
- We celebrate our colleagues. We have a monthly program for ‘Colleague of the Month’;
- We offer various discounts in the hotel for colleagues, one of them is the discount for the basic and additional Collective Health insurance;
- We offer you an in-house experience and special discounts to visit our other hotels within The Set and Alrov Luxury Hotels;
- Do you think sustainability is important? So do we! We are a certified Green Globe hotel. We encourage our colleagues to go to work by bike;
- What about sports? Join our company hockey team. You can also participate in other sports events which are organised throughout the year;
- Our Colleague Entertainment Team will invite you for events with your colleagues. We think it is important to work hard but also play hard too!
We are looking for a full-time and part-time cocktail waiter/waitress for the elegent Tunes Bar within the Conservatorium hotel. At the bar, our guests can enjoy classic drinks, exclusive signature cocktails, over 35 types of gin, the most special sushi dishes and live music from Thursday till Saturday. Do you have experience in a luxury (cocktail) bar? Are you enthusiastic, socially skilled, passionate and welcoming towards guests? Do you have affinity with drinks and / or cocktails and love to work in a dynamic workplace? Then we are looking for you!
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Be friendly, enthusiastic and attentive to guests and colleagues, smile and maintain appropriate eye contact and a friendly tone of voice while conversing with guests and fellow associates; use the guests’ names;
- Provide an efficient and consistently high standard of table service within the bar and become familiar with the Bar Guest Journey in order to complete the sequence of service in prompt, efficient and systematic manner, paying attention to LQA standards;
- Develop a thorough knowledge of all Conservatorium Hotel food and beverage items and related packages in order to effectively take guest orders and up-sell and match food, wine & cocktail preferences;
- Remember guests’ preferences, special needs and dietary requirements in order to deliver a high level of luxury service within the bar;
- To act as a role-model and proudly deliver our promise to our guests and colleagues by providing world-class service, with elegance, creativity, flexibility and unfailing attentiveness;
- To create goodwill and nurture working relationships with all colleagues of the Café Royal and the Set;
- To project at all times a positive and joyful attitude, yet stay composed under pressurised situation;
- Take an active interest in the Amsterdam bar scene though regularly eating and drinking out, reading bar reviews and networking with industry peers;
- To become a guardian of our brand in order to deliver our unique bar and beverage services within the Conservatorium Hotel maintaining the highest possible professional standard at all times without compromise.