You are responsible to run and change the applications within Financial Markets Back Office. Besides the regular support activities, you implement change requests based on broad knowledge of ITIL processes. As Operations Engineer you are an active member of the DevOps team working closely with other disciplines/roles. You are a T-shaped professional and able to combine one or more technical specialties with ability to take over basic activities of other specialists in a team (analysis, development and testing). You have general knowledge of software development and preferably experience in a banking domain. An intrinsic drive to personal development in new specialties is key to success as an Operations Engineer. Being flexible, taking ownership and continuous improvement forms the mindset that is necessary for this function.
The Wholesale & International domain within IT Systems supports the Wholesale bank across the globe. The delivery clusters for Financial Markets (Front-Office, Back-Office and Risk) focus on supporting the Financial Markets business. Financial Markets Back Office delivers and supports global product systems such as Calypso, Dimension, Scrittura and RRS.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities are
- The complexity of the job is in the constant balance between running and changing. You must be able to convince people within the team of release deliverables and quality standards
- Flexibility and taking ownership form the mindset that is necessary for this function
- Able to work with team and stakeholders to find the right balance between smaller and larger deployments, with consideration on chain dependencies
- Able to control change of the applications using standard processes (change-, release management)
- Activities in the area of (test) environment coordination and life cycle management
- Continuous improvement, which is strongly focused on automating work in and around the team
- Independently advises the team and stakeholders on the deliverables. Minimum necessities are: assessing risks and distinguishing the main issues from side issues
- Able to make an adequate trade-off at any time in the development process between the quality to be delivered, the proposed risk and the continuity of the (banking) processes.
- Monitor production environment for performance and stability;
- Analyze production incidents and align expectations/timelines with business and IT.
- Agile, Lean and ITIL
- MS-SQL Databases
- automation tools (Powershell)
- an automated deployment process (e.g. XL Deploy)
- monitoring tooling (e.g. HP Openview)
- the combination of business domain and related IT chains
- working in a dynamic international environment
- Fluent English and Dutch
- Basic experience with C# is a pre.
- Collaboration and Customer Focus
- Initiate improvements
- Problem solving
- Inspire and influence
- Result driven
- Communication power
- Organize and monitor
- Change driven
- Taking ownership