Aon is currently recruiting a Senior Manager Global Tax Reporting & Compliance to join our EMEA team in Amsterdam. A very challenging role within a high demanding organization.
Headquartered in London, Aon Plc is the leading provider of risk
management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage and a global
leader in human capital and management consulting. Our key advantage is
our broad view of the insurance industry. With an employee base of
66,000 people working in 500 offices in more than 120 countries, we can
anticipate how changes in one sector affect another.
Aon is an
equal opportunities employer.
Aon's recruitment and selection policy
ensures the best possible skill mix of colleagues and the highest
quality candidates are appointed using objective job-related criteria.
The (Senior) Manager reports to the Director Global Tax Reporting & Compliance and is part of the global tax team. He or she will be involved in all global tax reporting & tax compliance issues.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervising and reviewing the income tax provisions under US GAAP (ASC 740) and IFRS (IAS12) for countries outside the US. This role will support Aon's Corporate Tax Department including calculating and monitoring of uncertain tax positions, deferred tax roll forwards, and effective tax rate calculations as well as cash tax forecasting and other ongoing internal reporting.
- Coordinating the corporate income tax reporting and tax compliance for the local countries as well as the return to provision analysis.
- Liaising with finance departments and country finance personnel on tax accounting, US GAAP/IFRS and statutory tax reporting issues.
- Coordinating the completion of US Tax Compliance information by liaising with the regional tax managers, local finance personnel and the US tax team.
- Monitoring of tax compliance and audits, primarily through the supervision of outside tax advisors in each jurisdiction.
- Upon request, providing support to the Senior Tax Director International Tax in the development, implementation and monitoring of tax planning.
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls regarding tax matters (Sarbanes Oxley).
- Reviewing and filing of the Dutch CIT returns and performing other Dutch tax compliance tasks.
The ideal candidate has a HBO or University degree in Tax law or Tax economics with some 8 to 10 years of experience with complex corporate returns and tax accounting. A high potential with at least 4 years of proven and relevant experience within a big 4 or multinational company, could be a perfect match as well.
Experience with US GAAP/IFRS is a must. You have good communication skills, both in Dutch and in English. You can work well with deadlines, you have the ability to prioritize and you are a structured worker. Willing to travel is a must.
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday. This position is located in the Netherlands (Amsterdam).