The purpose of the job is to assist in and monitor (financial) processes and to ensure that the company financials are compliance with US GAAP, IFRS, local GAAP and SOx.
- Preparing the JV monthly / quarterly netback calculations base on standard rates and ensuring that the netback calculations for off-take contracts are correct and auditable.
- Preparing the yearly rebate reconciliation and ensuring that rebate calculations are correct and auditable.
- Ensuring that all financial aspects of issues under the off-take contracts get resolved in a timely manner.
- Processing and approval of JV related items
- Prepare weekly payments and control JV margins for purchases and sales from / to our Polish JV (BOB/BOPS).
- Prepare the quarterly balance confirmation of the Polish JV with supporting details
- Perform quarterly analysis of JV profitability (checking that margins for JV offtake products are correctly booked).
- Contact person for all JV related accounting activities in BSM including any adhoc JV related issues.
- Monthly Saudi JV meetings with JV controller and Business manager
- Coordinate and assist in periodic external Saudi JV audits
- Provide input for and participate in the monthly BSM business finance meeting
- Perform periodic balance sheet account reconciliations
- Perform Sox controls and maintain evidence of control for areas of responsibility
- Perform month-end activities as per BSM closing schedule.
- Initiate and participates in process improvements within Finance Benelux
- Assists the BSM (Lead) senior accountant in other accounting activities with respect to the entity.
- Assist in other accounting activities with respect to Finance Benelux (i.e. financial statements preparation, analysis, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or University degree in Accounting or Economics
- Up to 5 years of experience in complex finance & accounting environment / world scale business environment
- Appropriate IT skills in Microsoft Office applications and SAP ERP system / Hyperion
- Good communication and teamwork skills essential given diverse nature of operating landscape and cultural sensitivities
- Strong analytical skills
- In-depth understanding of US GAAP and IFRS across a variety of topics. Exposure to Dutch GAAP is an advantage
- Able to translate, explain and implement complex accounting matters to pragmatic work procedures
- Experience with Internal Controls and SOx/404 requirements.
- Fluent in business English and a second European languages is a pre.
Are you an ambitious starter or a Financial Accountant with a few years experience and looking for a new challenge / phase in his/her career at one of the world’s largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. Would you like to become an expert on netback calculations and settlements with JV’s according to the offtake agreement and balance reconciliation ? If so, this might be the job you have been looking for.