This opening takes place in an organisation which designs and produces machinery for the packaging industry. This international organisation stimulates self-development and has been active for decades in this market.
Are you an Engineer looking for a (new) challenge? Read more!
The Application Engineer we're looking for is responsible for creating the (packaging) solution that meets our customer's requirements, in close cooperation with the Sales Manager. As a team the Application Engineer and the Sales Manager are responsible for the sales process from Quote to Order.
- Define the projects concepts;
- Analyze the customers' requirements in terms of layout and tender specification;
- Discuss and define the technical solution and the project strategies together with the responsible Sales Manager;
- Select the right equipment out of our product portfolio;
- Prepare in cooperation, with a lay-out engineer, a layout drawing by considering the limits of our machines and integrating the standard, special or third-party equipment which best suits the requirements;
- Assess the project`s level of risk and costs;
- Prepare a detailed cost calculation and quotation by considering the agreed pricing strategy. Initiate and participate in brainstorming activities where needed with the engineering team. Validate the projects` technical aspects;
- Validate the solution, including equipment, options, costs and configuration, with the engineering team;
- Prepare a formal conceptual layout according to specific technical concepts;
- Visit site(s), when necessary, to produce detailed layouts;
- Demonstrate the team`s technical competence by visiting customer sites and organizing tests and industrial visits;
- Create the solution`s descriptions as well as the formal quotation. Partcipate in closing;
- Refine conceptual layout and formal quotation, if necessary;
- Monitor sale process status in system and with Sales Manager;
- Confirm delivery deadlines according to missing/received elements;
- Prepare the information required for project start-up and identify/communicate the missing elements;
- Transfer validated commercial and technical information to the Project Manager following the sale;
- Monitor the project following the sale, with the view of improving/learning.
Who are you?
- You have a degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Process Engineering);
- 3-5 years experience relevant to this position;
- Experience on Industrial operations and processes;
- Business oriented;
- A teamplayer;
- Cost awareness;
- Structured way of working;
- Interdependency of operations of industrial systems (mechanics, electricity and programming);
- Preparation of quotations, using appropriate software and relevant technical information;
- Communication skills in English and preferably another language (Dutch, German, French).
Salary and Benefits
A challenging opening in a international organisation.