Reports to: Pedagogic Programme Director
Hours: 32-40 hrs per week
Context: Zein is a successful and growing child care company with multiple locations in The Hague.
This environment is one which seeks to understand cross-cultural experiences and their impact on children. It provides a place where the needs and abilities of international children are recognized, stimulated and guided; helping develop the necessary competences for children to achieve their potential.
The Zein pedagogic programme is based upon an integration of aspects of the Reggio Emilia approach, Montessori methods and a Themed Approach to learning. Taking these recognised methodologies as a basis, Robbie Zein has developed a programme which takes particular account of the needs and circumstances a child-centred philosophy of Third Culture Kids.
OVERVIEW & PURPOSE
The Head of Pedagogic Programme is responsible for the implementation, management, supervision and evaluation of the programme in accordance with the standards set out by Zein Child Care.
As a member of the senior management team, the Head of Pedagogic Programme participates in strategic planning and budgeting initiatives in addition to problem solving.
He/she works within the guidelines, policies and mission of the organisation and is accountable and responsible for specific projects that lead the further development of our pedagogic vision and add real value and influence to a childcare company with a proven reputation for quality.
To directly line manage and appraise Zein’s Early Years Location and Out of School Care Managers
STAFF TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT
Identify training and development needs of Zein employees and managers
Develop an effective staff orientation/induction programme
Monitor and review teachers’ progress as an outcome of trainings
Discuss routines and learning methodology and how to make them more effective learning processes
Research new technologies and methodologies in workplace learning - suggesting relevant findings
Develop an annual budget and operating plan to support the programme
Develop a programme evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the programme and identify areas for improvement
Establish and implement a performance management process for all programme staff
Keep abreast of early childhood curriculum approaches, strengths and weaknesses of each and integrating positive aspects that align with the Zein philosophy
Guide Early Years Centre Managers and Out of School Care Managers to understand Zein pedagogic approach and application
- Quality check and control of all early childhood locations on quarterly basis
- Mentor managers on best practices and application and guide them in reflective practices
Provide pedagogical orientation for all new staff and act as a resource to all staff
Guide Early Years Centre Managers and Out of School Care Managers to support reflective practice explorations and the development of observation and documentation skills
- Provide guidance to Managers on handling developmental and behavioural challenges
- Assist in the preparation of Preschool monthly programme
- Play an active role in the recruitment and selection of high quality teachers and pedagogic staff
- Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of the organisation
Oversee the implementation of Zein programme at all locations
Ensure the integration of the Zein programme within new start-up locations
- Oversee regular meetings - for all locations and services - to discuss specific child issues facing the groups.
- Monitor the reporting & documentation of children’s development in accordance with Zein programme and learning objectives
Review monthly programmes and Club Activity plans for the Out of School and Early Years Centre services
Review activity plans for holiday camps to ensure standard, variety and pedagogical suitability
Oversee compliance with policies, protocols and GGD procedures
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A university degree or diploma in an early childhood development
- Five years’ experience working in an early childhood centre in pedagogic leadership role
- Demonstrable knowledge of early childhood education approaches such as Reggio Emilia, Montessori,
- Experience within an international setting or demonstration of an international mind-set
SKILLS & QUALITIES
- The ability to lead, motivate and inspire others through a positive and collaborative approach
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- The ability to pro-actively manage situations and staff to ensure colleagues see the work environment as a supportive learning community for all.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent standard of written English.
- The ability to work independently and to be pro-active in planning and undertaking responsibilities.