Aon is currently recruiting a Senior Associate Strategy Consultant to join our team in Rotterdam, The Netherlands .The Senior Associate Strategy Consultant will be primarily responsible for; leading small project teams to develop strategic recommendations to (re)insurers on how they can grow and improve their operating performance.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Through its more than 69,000 colleagues worldwide, Aon unites to empower results for clients in over 120 countries via innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. Aon has been named repeatedly as the world's best broker, best insurance intermediary, best reinsurance intermediary, best captives manager, and best employee benefits consulting firm by multiple industry sources. Read on for more information about Aon, and visit aon.com/manchesterunited to learn about Aon's global partnership with Manchester United.
Aon Inpoint is dedicated to delivering value through data, analytics, engagement and consultancy services to insurers and/or reinsurers, across the full spectrum of insurance, reinsurance, and capital markets. Aon Inpoint's focus is to always act in the best interests of Aon's insured and cedent clients by enabling reinsurers and insurers to compete effectively so that Aon can provide valuable solutions and greater choice to our mutual clients.
Consistent with confidentiality and data compliance protocols, Aon Inpoint provides reinsurers and insurers with access to Aon's industry leading data analytics platforms, including Aon GRIP® and Re/View which, combined with Aon Inpoint's strategy consulting capabilities, enables reinsurers and insurers to identify and execute business improvement and growth opportunities in new markets and product lines.
In summary, Aon Inpoint deploys its capabilities to provide unique, actionable industry insights enabling more informed, fact based strategic decision making.
EMEA Aon Inpoint consists of offices in London and Rotterdam with also professionals based in Spain.
The Dutch team consists of 19 professionals, based in Rotterdam. The new Senior Associate Strategy Consultant will also be based in Rotterdam and will report to one of the Aon Inpoint Directors.
As a Senior Associate Strategy Consultant some of your key responsibilities will involve;
• Lead complex project delivery
- Lead the full lifecycle of client engagements from scope definition to project management, delivery and presentation to C-suit
- Have line management responsibilities for junior team members
- Be responsible for project managing junior team members
- Lead and be responsible for hypothesis testing, story building and deliverable production
- Be responsible for the identification and communication of recommendations to clients
- Work towards selling client engagements through project delivery and the overall management of the consulting relationship of small clients
- Engage with internal/external clients to develop processes, methodologies, and transition strategies that will guide them to the objective future state
- Work collaboratively in a team environment with colleagues and junior members of client's organization
- Identify opportunities to work more efficiently and take on additional responsibility
- Lead by strong example and challenge the status quo
- Be accountable for additional function in support of Aon Inpoint growth including data management, operations, compliance, etc.
Responsible for working in accordance with the Aon Netherlands Limited Risk Management Framework, and compliance with the Aon Netherlands Limited policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
As a Senior Associate Strategy Consultant your skills and qualifications will ideally include;
- Proven experience in professional services consulting firm and/or management consulting firm with insurance or actuarial experience.
- Strong analytical and inquisitive mind
- Enjoy working face-to-face with clients
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Communicate in a collaborative and client focused manner
- Ability to plan and execute
- Team management experience
- Client engagement experience
- Proven team player with the ability to leverage the knowledge of those around you
- Fluency in Microsoft Office applications (mostly PowerPoint and Excel)
- Demonstrate commitment to personal development
- Business acumen and intellectual curiosity
- Prepared to travel (10% of project might involve European travels)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent a must
- Strong relevant insurance consulting experience
Salary and Benefits
We offer a highly competitive benefit package and have several talent development programs to accomplish your professional growth. We work in small teams and emphasis the importance of knowledge sharing with your colleagues. As a junior level position on the team there are career and skill development opportunities.
A positively advised Pre Employment Screening is required to ensure and safeguard the integrity of our employees and is part of the employment contract.