Web Developer (Django, Mobile) - 1,0 FTE
PLAXIS applications are used to create and manipulate models of soil and structures (for example foundations of high rise office towers, tunnels, dikes). They offer diverse functionalities, such as: highly interactive CAD-like graphical user input (both 2D and 3D), geometric calculations, intuitive visualization of calculation results and interfacing with finite element kernels developed by the scientific team.
For our Development Department we are currently looking for a Web Developer (Django, Mobile).
- Responsible for creating highly interactive web applications that can be used on devices ranging from phones to desktops.
- Design of the software architecture (both front and back end)
- Deliver high-quality code in a timely manner and cooperate with our graphic designer in creating attractive and accessible interfaces.
- The innovative nature of our products requires an agile and pragmatic approach
- good knowledge of Django and Python
- proven experience implementing highly interactive internet applications, including responsive design, using open standards supported by the major modern browsers
- BSc or MSc degree in engineering or computer science, or proven equivalent experience.
- keen eye for good user interaction design
- experience with Apache Cordova or PhoneGap
- experience with WebGL
- affinity with or interest for physics, civil/mechanical engineering or other simulation-related fields
- competitive salary and benefits
- stimulating innovative and knowledge-driven work environment
- opportunity to work on prestigious international projects
- advanced, quality-oriented workflow with distributed version control, automated build and test environments and code reviews
- Our Joel Test score is 11 out of 12
- be part of one or the top 5 most successful Dutch software company according to Main/ICT-Office Software Top 50.
Plaxis bv is a growing high-tech company in computational geomechanics, focused on developing, marketing and supporting the PLAXIS finite element applications for soil and rock analyses. Our applications are used all over the world by thousands of engineers faced with challenging construction projects (for example foundations of high rise buildings, tunnels, and dikes). Plaxis is an organization with a young international team and is based in a modern new office on the campus of Delft University of Technology.
It is our goal to become the vendor of choice of even more customers. To stay on top and to reach even more customers we keep enriching and improving our software every day. We are always looking for talented new employees who want to work with us towards reaching this goal.
How to apply
Additional information can be obtained from Andrei Chesaru, Manager Development or Karin Hijma, HR Manager via +31(0)15-2517756.
Reactions from staffing agencies and other 3rd parties are not appreciated.