It is our goal to become the vendor of choice of even more customers. To stay on top and to reach even more customers we keep enriching and improving our software every day. We are looking for talented new colleagues who can help us reach that goal. For our Services Group we are currently looking for a:
Senior Geotechnical Advisor
The Services Group consist of PLAXIS Support (VIP), PLAXIS Expert Services and PLAXIS Academy. Plaxis provides high level geotechnical finite element support and advice via PLAXIS VIP and PLAXIS Expert Services. Within the PLAXIS Academy we have concentrated our educational activities such as courses, trainings, webinars, seminars and workshops throughout the year and throughout the world.
The main task of Plaxis’ Services Group is to help our customers from all over the world getting the most out of the PLAXIS software with the ultimate goal for them to successfully complete their projects.
This challenging position has technical, commercial and managerial aspects. At one moment you execute an Expert Services project at the location of a customer, next day you try to find a creative solution for a complex technical problem together with a Support Engineer and another moment you make a plan for the upcoming Academy events. There is a close collaboration with the Manager Marketing, Sales & Services and with our offices in Houston and Singapore. The main responsibilities are:
- Manage the activities of the whole Services Group
- Act as a project leader and maintain contacts with customers, universities and other external parties
- Plan, execute and report Expert Services projects through providing highly technical assistance with advanced finite element modeling issues
- Participate in providing courses, trainings, webinars, seminars and workshops
- Support the Marketing & Sales team in meeting or exceeding company goals
- Pro-active, inside sales role with extensive effort in the sales development of our Services
- Identifying improvement opportunities and initiating improvements for the Services Group in order to grow and to further professionalize
- MSc or PhD in Geotechnical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with managing a team of highly skilled professionals
- Relevant experience in the practical applications of numerical methods
- Solid background in finite element non-linear analyses using commercial codes
- Practical experience with the use of PLAXIS and/or similar Software
- Well-developed presentation/demonstration skills
- Exceptionally strong technical trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, self-starter with a good sense of responsibility
- Willing to travel up to 25% of your time
- Proficient, both verbal and written, in English
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Stimulating innovative and knowledge-driven work environment where your experience and contribution is valued
- A challenging international job opportunity within a successful leading company
- Be part of one or the top 5 most successful Dutch software company according to Main/ICT-Office Software Top 50.
How to apply
Fill in the form on our website (http://bit.ly/2blck7B) and send an application letter stating your motivation for this job, together with your resume (CV). Or send all the required documents, to vacancies[at]plaxis.com (stating vacancy number 16-23).
Plaxis bv is a growing high-tech company in computational geomechanics, focused on developing, marketing and supporting the PLAXIS finite element software for soil and rock analyses. Our applications are used all over the world by thousands of engineers faced with challenging construction projects (for example foundations of high rise buildings, tunnels, offshore installations, and dikes).
Plaxis is an organization with a young international team and is based in a modern new office on the campus of Delft University of Technology.
Additional information can be obtained from Erwin Beernink, Manager Marketing, Sales & Services or Karin Hijma, HR Manager via +31(0)15-2517756.