Bedrijf: The Student Hotel Headquarters
- at least 1 year experience in a hotel
- good knowledge and control of at least 2 foreign languages (fluent English & fair Dutch required)
- well-developed social and communicative skills, you are aware of international cultural differences and are able to act upon these
- flexible and hands on mentality. You enjoy receiving and taking responsibility and you are capable of working independently
- strong and friendly personality, able to handle busy (peak) periods
- hospitality minded with an enthusiastic and open approach
- someone who enjoys working in an ambitious, informal and international environment
- accurate with a keen eye for detail
- living in Amsterdam
A full time job with flexible tasks and duties in an international environment in a young and rapidly expanding company where the FUN element has a central role. The (international) development of the organization may offer future possibilities for growth and development. The Student Hotel complies with all relevant employment legislation in The Netherlands and offers attractive additional benefits.
We are TSH:
The Student Hotel is a brand new accommodation concept: part classic student resident and part funky design hotel for students-at-heart. We believe in providing a fun, creative and inspiring environment where residents of all ages can live, work, play and grow. To achieve this, we rely on an awesomely fun, smart and motivated team to embrace the student spirit and bring it to life.
Our company is growing FAST with new locations popping up all over the continent (Florence! Berlin! Barcelona!). But we’re also expanding our existing spots by adding super cool elements like modern, flexible co-working spaces and meeting facilities. The focus is on creating a network that spans cultural and educational backgrounds so different people can connect, learn and collaborate. Every member of The Student Hotel works with real passion and positive vibes.
Are you in?
Great! Send your CV, a recent photo and a short cover letter telling us why you’re made for this role.
In a compact team in the Student Hotel Amsterdam City, you will be closely involved in the ongoing hotel opening. Along with the Hotel Manager and Assistant Hotel Manager you will be responsible for every aspect of the hotel operation. Your work field is mainly focused at the lounge/reception area where you will be available for students and hotel guests. The position reaches beyond the reception duties; you and your colleagues will be the host of the hotel and involved in all aspects of the hotel operation. We are looking for colleagues who are flexible, willing to learn and to develop. It is evident that you are representative, spontaneous, friendly and fun to be with. You’re role, presentation and character is crucial for our brand experience.
These are your responsibilities:
- guide, coach, and train the operations team
- supporting the Assistant Hotel Manager with all tasks at hand
- executing reception duties in the morning and evening
- building relationships with residents & guests
- welcoming guests along with all related administrative duties (check-in & -out, handling payments)
- providing information to (future) guests at the front desk, via telephone and via email
- creating and modifying reservations
- functioning as a contact person for all guests and residents and assisting in handling complaints and technical issues.
- maintaining and controlling hotel security of our guests, colleagues and goods & following up on our house rules & policies
- maintaining and controlling quality, cleanliness of interior and inventory. Maintaining contact with the housekeeping and technical departments
- supporting the operational preparation and execution of departure and arrival of new students in the new semester/year
- taking care of all common proceedings, such as; supporting sales activities and in-house events, distribution of mail and logistic matters with regards to our 570 bicycles