Bedrijf: The Student Hotel Headquarters
- flexible hands-on mentality. You take responsibility and “get the job done”
- As a team player, you are capable to motivate in an authentic manner and to push your colleagues to a higher level
- strong personality, able to handle busy (peak) periods and to anticipate on unforeseen circumstances
- well-developed social and communicative skills, you are aware of international cultural differences and are able to act upon these
- accurate with a keen eye for detail
- representative, authentic appearance; hospitality minded with an enthusiastic and open approach
- enjoy working in an ambitious, informal and international environment
- (part time) work experience within the hospitality industry
- good knowledge and control of at least 2 foreign languages (fluent English & fluent Dutch required)
- extrovert, flexible and a fun colleague!
- living in Amsterdam
- internationally orientated and interested in a vibrant environment
A full time internship with flexible tasks and duties in an international environment in a young and rapidly expanding company where the FUN element has a central role. The (international) development of the organization may offer future possibilities for growth and development. The Student Hotel complies with all relevant employment legislation in The Netherlands and offers attractive additional benefits.
We are TSH:
The Student Hotel is a brand new accommodation concept: part classic student resident and part funky design hotel for students-at-heart. We believe in providing a fun, creative and inspiring environment where residents of all ages can live, work, play and grow. To achieve this, we rely on an awesomely fun, smart and motivated team to embrace the student spirit and bring it to life.
Our company is growing FAST with new locations popping up all over the continent (Florence! Berlin! Barcelona!). But we’re also expanding our existing spots by adding super cool elements like modern, flexible co-working spaces and meeting facilities. The focus is on creating a network that spans cultural and educational backgrounds so different people can connect, learn and collaborate. Every member of The Student Hotel works with real passion and positive vibes.
Are you in?
Great! Send your CV and a short cover letter telling us why you’re made for this role!
Along with the Assistant Hotel Manager you will be closely involved in the ongoing hotel opening and responsible for every aspect of the hotel operation afterwards. You are part and counter leader of a compact team which acts hands-on on operational, commercial and facility tasks and issues. Your work field is mainly focused at the lounge/reception area where you will be available for students and hotel guests. The position reaches beyond the reception duties; you and your colleagues will be the host of the hotel and involved in all aspects of the hotel operation. Together with the Assistant Hotel Manager, you will lead, coach and train the hotel team. Also, you will coordinate and check external partners acting ao in housekeeping and maintenance. It is evident that you are representative, spontaneous, friendly and fun to be with. You’re role, presentation and character is crucial for our brand experience.
These are your responsibilities:
- daily management of employees and partners (front office, housekeeping, maintenance, gym and restaurant)
- introducing and guiding standard operating procedures. Training, coaching and checking the daily tasks and performance of the operational team. Handling, reporting and transferring of all kinds of questions, remarks and complaints of guests and colleagues in order to maintain and increase quality
- welcoming guests along with all related administrative duties (check-in & -out, handling payments) in morning and evening shifts. Providing information to (future) guests at the front desk, via telephone and via email, creating and modifying reservations
- building relationships with residents & guests, functioning as a contact person and assisting in handling complaints and technical issues.
- maintaining and controlling hotel security of our guests, colleagues and goods & following up on our house rules & policies
- watch over good presentation of public areas, rooms and the outdoor terrain. Check on maintenance and cleanliness of interior and inventory. Maintaining contact with the housekeeping and technical departments
- supporting the operational preparation and execution of departure and arrival of new students in the new semester/year