Bedrijf: Hilton Worldwide NL
What we ask
We are looking for a trainee who;
- Is registered with an education and has to do a management internship as part of the educational program.
- Positive attitude, motivated & committed to achieve company and personal goals
- Excellent organizational and administration skills.
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
- Excellent speaking and writing in English.
* All internships have a minimum length of 6 months.
* A candidate that is fluent in Dutch has a preference
What we offer
We look forward offering you a kick start of your career. Our goal is to help you grow within Hilton Worldwide. This internship is the first step to a world of opportunities. You’ll receive a training plan and will be assigned a buddy who will support you your personal and professional development.
- An internship in the largest hospitality companies in the world: 13 brands with more than 4440 properties and over 715, 000 hotel rooms.
- Once you show us your passion and drive, we show you our amazing training possibilities and initiatives to further develop your career within Hilton Worldwide.
- The opportunity to travel around the world with the ‘Go Hilton’ team member travel program
- An enthusiastic and driven (international) team of colleagues.
You’ve got ambition! We’ve got the vacancy!
Group, Conference & Events Trainee | Hilton The Hague
The Trainee Group, Conference & Events (GC&E) will work within the Business Development team at Hilton The Hague. What will I be doing you ask? Let us explain it to you!
What the other departments think we do
- Sales “Team up with sales to hunt down the most challenging business cases you can ever image; from royal delegations to breaking news conferences. We will know before the rest of the world does.”
- Finance “Ensure every events is served from beginning to end with individual needs and wants”
- Kitchen “Networking for the hotel, to sell events. At least, that’s what you should do… “
- Marketing “Being creative in letting potential clients discover The Hague and our hotel for their next event.”
- Front office “Earning money for the hotel by selling the meeting rooms”
- Restaurant “Screaming out loud that you are getting in big pieces of business for the hotel”
- Technical service “Make sure events are booked at the hotel and ensure all goes well when they book”
· Proactively identify new opportunities to drive repeat/new business on a local, national and international market.
· Strive to convert every piece of business, even if this means you need to build a window in the ballroom or learn a new foreign language to communicate with the customer.
· Devising and adapting the GC&E Sales strategy through the analysis of information and data, to maximize opportunities.
· To fully understand the needs of the customer and strive to meet or exceed those expectations at all times.
· Manage customer relationships with a high standard of communication
· Assist the team with achieving the GC&E revenue targets through a deep understanding of the product and by increasing conversion at the highest possible rate
The hotel you work for
Obviously, we are proud of Hilton The Hague and could tell a million beautiful stories about the hotel we work for but we think it’s always best to experience this yourself. So please be invited to visit our Starbucks Coffee Corner, Bar SPARK or Restaurant Pearl to enjoy our Food & Beverage offerings, visit Trip Advisor to read stories from our guests or, look at Google for any unanswered questions.
The team you work with
Being a successful GC&E Trainee is not something you do on your own. The Groups, Conference & Events team of Hilton The Hague is led by a GCE Manager and consists of 4 GCE coordinators and YOU. We work hard to ensure our guests achieve their company’s goals, but also take time to discuss our weekend over coffee and celebrate success with snacks & drinks.