As the Lead Electrical Engineer (power systems), you will coordinate electrical engineering work relating to electrical power systems for newly-built dredging and offshore vessels. You will take responsibility for the electrical propulsion, generation and distribution on board IHC vessels. Your main role will broadly involve translating customer needs into technical specifications, and you will provide advice on what you consider to be the best working methods, as well as technical support. In addition, you will work according to the ISO 9001 process flow and be technically responsible for the basic and detailed engineering. During the production, installation and commissioning phases, you will remain responsible for the systems you have designed, and offer technical leadership to engineers within the project team. This also means having close contact with your colleagues in the Automation, Shipbuilding and Mechanical Engineering departments. You will also be the point of contact for queries from customers, suppliers and colleagues, and continually coordinate the progress of the project with the Project Manager.
RequirementsTo be eligible for this position, you must have the following:
- a university or technical education (HBO) in electrical engineering
- several years of experience in a similar role
- technical knowledge of generators, motors, transformers, switchboards, frequency regulators and other electrical systems on board vessels
- experience in the shipping and/or offshore industries
- an excellent command of English, with moderate Dutch skills preferable
- knowledge of standards, safety regulations, and quality and approval guidelines
- enjoy working as part of a team
- a practical and goal-oriented attitude
- be quality- and results-oriented
- the ability to take the initiative
- be keen to work in an organisation that is undergoing rapid growth.
- only candidates with work visa who reside in the proximity of Rotterdam (commuting distance) will be considered as viable candidate
- an online assessment and screening is part of the recruitment process
- only candidates with EU work visa (residents) will be considered as viable candidates.
Terms of employmentRoyal IHC offer you a challenging full time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
Contact informationAre you interested in the position of Lead Electrical Engineer and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly through our website: www.royalihc.com/careers or by using the apply button.
For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Staffing department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
www.twitter.com/ihcjobs www.facebook.com/royalihc www.linkedin.com/company/royalihc
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by IHC.