Bedrijf: art'otel amsterdam
- Know how to use all equipment and systems in your department.
- Ensure both public and back of house areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Promote a helpful image to clients and give full co-operation to any customer requiring assistance with a prompt, caring and helpful attitude
- Give full co-operation to any colleagues requiring assistance in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Strive to anticipate client’s needs wherever possible and react to these to enhance guest satisfaction
- Carry out any duty reasonably requested by the management and to be flexible in assisting around the hotel in response to business needs
- Be aware of any shortfalls in standards and bring them to the attention of your manager.
- Assist the head waiter and Assistant General Manager Restaurant with any other relevant and necessary tasks as required
- Actively engage in your own personal development to benefit the business and improve your personal skills
- Actively participate to ensure that staff handbook is adhered to at all time
- Together with the bar and event manager coordinating delivery & pick up of event equipment
- Together with the floor and events manager be the point of contact for the client, organizer or supplier on the day of the event
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of the art gallery
- Make sure all resources that are needed for the event are in good shape and available for all events
- Make signage, menu’s and other according brand guidelines for all events & group bookings
- Attend M&E sheet meetings together with floor and events manager
- Assist the floor and events manager in general
- Serve the food and drinks to guests and take dishes off from the table to the stewarding department
- Maximise sales opportunities within the restaurant department
- Develop a solid knowledge of the hotel and local nightlife by being aware of local events, the competition and market trends
- Prepare the service areas and ensure sufficient mise-en-place is available for service
- Re-set tables as per departmental standard.
- Ensure all items used in the operation are picked up from the stores.
- Follow a logical order or service so that guests are served quickly and efficiently.
- Follow all restaurant procedures to deliver outstanding service to our guests
At art'otel amsterdam we are looking to recruit a Trainee Meeting & Events Operations!
tired of a templated job?
longing to make your creativity count?
ready to help shape the future of hospitality?
if the answers are ‘yes’ then we’re looking for you!
Are you a student and do you have:
- Fluency in English & Dutch
- Commerce minded
- Accurate, eye for detail
- Passion for art, culture & lifestyle
- No 9 to 5 mentality, flexible
- Strong & natural communicator
Please only apply for this position if you are a student!
The iconic and historic art’otel amsterdam, opened in October 2013, seamlessly fuses art and life in the very heart of cosmopolitan Amsterdam.
Brilliantly positioned in the city centre with the lively Dam Square and Kalverstraat on the doorstep, art’otel amsterdam places guests at the heart of the action. art’otel amsterdam is located just across Central Station and Amsterdam Schiphol Airport is within easy reach.
Within the hotel, guests are exposed to a myriad of artistic experiences. The work of Atelier Van Lieshout permeates every corner, a spectacular 12-metre art curtain displays emotive footage and the 300-square-metre 5&33 art gallery hosts a varied programme of exhibitions from emerging and established artists. Add to that a comprehensive library featuring lectures and publications and a dynamic cultural agenda of events and workshops, and the atmosphere is one of creativity and inspiration.
Each of the 107 guestrooms features a piece of art, ultra-comfortable beds with a choice of pillows , mood lighting and a generous selection of lavish Elemis guest amenities. The bathrooms boast rain showers and luxurious bathrobes and slippers, while an Illy espresso machine, stocked minibar and a bottle of water and breakfast on us all add to the welcome. art’otel amsterdam’s Art Rooms offer a minimum of 25 square metres of luxury, with a desk, lounge chair, multimedia panel, free Wi-Fi, an in-room entertainment system and a 42-inch flatscreen TV.