- Able to cope with stress;
- Committed to success;
- Team player and motivator;
- Creative and eager to learn;
- At least 2 years of experience and a finished education;
- You are fluent in English.
- We celebrate our colleagues. We have a monthly program for ‘Colleague of the Month’;
- We offer various discounts in the hotel for colleagues, one of them is the discount for the basic and additional Collective Health insurance;
- We offer you an in-house experience and special discounts to visit our other hotels within The Set and Alrov Luxury Hotels;
- Do you think sustainability is important? So do we! We are a certified Green Globe hotel. We encourage our colleagues to go to work by bike;
- What about sports? Join our company hockey team. You can also participate in other sports events which are organised throughout the year;
- Our Colleague Entertainment Team will invite you for events with your colleagues. We think it is important to work hard but also play hard too!
The Conservatorium hotel is looking for a Sushi Chef on Sous Chef level who has been trained Japanese culinary knowledge and cooking skills and who has great expertise of the Japanese cuisine.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
The hotel caters to every taste with a signature restaurant, destination bar, Brasserie and open-plan Lounge with plush oversized seating. Experience is a must in order to be designated a Sushi Chef.
This job requires a lot of independence and is therefore not an entry-level position. A Sous Chef Sushi should have considerable experience working in a professional Japanese kitchen at a lower level such as an apprenticeship.
A person holding this position must be organised, have the ability to delegate tasks well and be able to work well in a high stress environment. Next to that you should be able to take direction well from Executive Chef Schilo van Coevorden.
- Preparation and distribution of all sushi dishes;
- Giving instructions to the independent working cooks and students;
- Communication with F&B colleagues;
- Independent management of the allocated duties.