With your help, we present our figures to all our stakeholders, so they know exactly how our NN financial household is doing.
This Investment Oversight job offers you a monthly salary of €4.674 - €7.975, depending on your knowledge and experience.
Your impact as Investment Oversight Specialist at NN Group Finance
You know your way around private markets and all the advantages and challenges it offers. Interpreting the numbers and translating them into a story is a breeze for you. You challenge our asset managers on their valuations. That way you monitor the portfolio’s performance and risk.
You are the driving force behind our Private Markets Mid-Office Team. You monitor the investment processes, mark-to-model valuation assessments, and data governance regarding the private market portfolio. With our team we oversee asset managers in real estate, private equity, private debt, and infrastructure equity.
All insurance business units of NN Group can count on spot on asset manager oversight, financial control, valuations, accounting & reporting, operations, and investment data delivery. As a true liaison between our front and back-office teams, you facilitate strong communications, and you act quickly and efficiently in order to meet all needs.
You will become part of our ambitious organisation in which we have a clear vision. We place all financial instruments into one system, so we can access all data at once. That magnifies our efficiency and reduces the risk of error. We are open to all your ideas on how to improve this system.
- You support the investment process with focus on valuation procedures, data quality and reporting requirements where you feel comfortable to address findings and negotiate terms with external asset managers and/or legal counsels
- You coordinate onboarding of new strategies and investment deals within Investment Operations
- You perform complex mark-to-model valuation assessments where you feel comfortable to engage in critical discussions with external managers
- You prepare high quality input for the NN Group Valuation Committee and feel comfortable to verbally share performance highlights and valuations risks with the audience
- You safeguard continuous high-quality data delivery by external asset managers
You will be part of our Private Markets mid-office team, a diverse and international team of 5 professionals. With your team you work closely together with the colleagues of Pricing & valuation, Oversight & Control, Business Implementation, and Performance Analytics. We really come from all over the world: China, India, Southern America, Greece, Belgium, and The Netherlands. That fits perfectly with our international investment portfolio. We have the ambition to optimise the NN investment portfolios.
Whatever we do, we do it together in an environment where personality, talents, and ideas count. Collaborating with other teams is the norm to achieve better outcomes and we have no thresholds; everyone is accessible and willing to help each other. Fun is also important to us, so we are present at barbecues at the beach and the North Sea Jazz event. We also have a great young professional community where you can learn from more experienced colleagues.
Who you are
You see complexity as a challenge. You like to dive deep into the data and challenge the asset managers on their findings. You really connect with people, which makes you a strong liaison. Furthermore, you have:
- A master’s degree in the field of finance/economics (additionally CFA/CAIA is an advantage)
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar or asset management environment with focus on private Equity, Private Debt and or Real estate
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to express and communicate views, both written and verbally
- Knowledge of and experience in Mark-to-model valuation, IFRS, ESG and Solvency II
- Fluent communication skills in English, both written and verbally, Dutch is a plus
It is important to us that you continue to develop yourself. We give you the space and the confidence to grow in your career and as a person. We help you with:
- Plenty of training and learning opportunities in our Learning & Development Centre
- A large (international) network of colleagues who are keen to share their knowledge with you
- The autonomy to steer your own development path
You are more than a colleague, and that is something we understand very well at NN. You have many roles in life, leading to different choices. At NN we give you the opportunity to select employee benefits that are important to you. For instance, buying additional leave days and flexible working hours. In consultation with your manager and your direct colleagues, you can work from any location at any time. You get enough flexibility to adjust your working pattern to your personal needs. Another part of the benefits are (currently online) sports lessons and a special allowance to set up your home office and internet use. In addition, you will receive:
- Collective pension scheme with a personal contribution of only 6%
- 194.4 hours of leave, based on a 36-hour week (that’s 27 vacation days for a 5-day working week) and one Diversity Day
- Holiday allowance and a 13th month paid with your monthly salary
- NS Business Card 2nd class, giving you unlimited travel 7 days a week. Do you prefer to travel with your own transport? Then you can declare the kilometres travelled for business and commuting.
All NN colleagues work in a hybrid form: one or two days at the office and working from home (or anywhere else). The official location for this job is our fantastic office in The Hague, where we are located next to the A12. It is also easily accessible by public transport as well. Want to get some fresh air? You can take the tram or bike and you will be at the beach in half an hour.
Will you be our new colleague?
If you are enthusiastic about this vacancy and think that you would be a good fit for the team at NN, we would like to invite you to apply. We are very keen to find out who you are, what motivates you and what you can contribute to this role at NN.
If you have any questions about the vacancy, you can reach out via phone or WhatsApp to Ralph van Hien / Ewald van Luijk - Mid-office, via +31 (0)6 50 09 21 45 / +31 (0)6 51 49 97 93. Any questions about the process can be directed to Andre Komaromi - Recruitment via email@example.com.
This is a permanent position. A candidate will receive a contract from NN and we are not open to interim/freelance assignments and/or candidates or recruitment agencies. Thank you very much for your understanding.