This is who we are
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.This is the role
LyondellBasell's well-regarded Law Department is seeking an experienced corporate transactions attorney to support international merger, acquisition, divestiture, joint venture and other corporate transactional activities. This is an opportunity to directly contribute to the Company’s growth and sustainability goals, work with a cross-functional team and gain experience and knowledge of our many businesses.Roles & Responsibilities
- Report to the Lead Counsel, M&A and serves as the lead attorney for major transactions across Europe, Asia, and elsewhere in the Company’s global footprint.
- Support merger, acquisition, divestiture, joint venture and other corporate transactional activities, including strategic activity in furtherance of the Company’s sustainability and circularity goals.
- Manage all legal aspects of transactions, including advising on legal risks, coordinating document requests and diligence reviews, collaborating with functions across the enterprise, managing outside counsel, and drafting and negotiating deal documentation.
- Draft and review non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, term sheets, purchase and sale agreements, joint venture agreements and other relevant agreements.
- Participate in the design and provision of training to internal teams, and in the development and implementation of new processes and procedures.
- Law degree and admission to practice law in the Netherlands.
- 10+ years M&A and other corporate transactional experience with a firm and/or in-house required.
- Industry experience preferred.
Some travel required.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
This is what we offer
We offer an environment where we encourage personal and professional growth and where you will be rewarded for your performance and results. You will have the possibility to work with specialist on all fields to develop innovative solutions and to extend your national and international network. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package.
The Company's Global Remote Work Policy allows eligible employees the option to work up to two days a week from home.
LyondellBasell is committed to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) to ensure a positive experience for all employees.