Assistant Operations / Community Host - Flexible to Full-Time
Come reimagine hospitality with us as our new superhost of our Amsterdam City location!
Your mission should you choose to accept it…
As our Community Host / Assistant Operations, you’ll be operating in all of our front of house areas, making sure that each guest is having the best possible TSH-experience. Whether you’re providing a flawless welcome and check in, awesome service in our restaurant and bars or just having a chat to make their stay truly unforgettable ?• you are at the forefront of our guest facing operation. You know everything about our products and how to (cross-)sell these to our guests. And it’s because of you that everyone who enters our Amsterdam City location will become a raving fan of TSH instantly!
In case you don’t know who we are:
TSH is a game-changer. Our unique hybrid hotel concept offers student accommodation as well as long and short stay options for students-at-heart, together with epic facilities and exciting co-working spaces. You can already find The Student Hotel in the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy, France and Spain. And with still to be opened properties in Madrid, Barcelona and Toulouse, our unique hospitality concept is truly taking root in the heart of Europe.
What You’ll Do:
- You make sure everyone gets a warm welcome as soon as they walk in;
- You’ll help our guests at our self-check-in kiosks (we have no reception desk);
- You get to stretch your F&D skills by preparing and serving a variety of local dishes;
- Barista anyone? You’ll brew delicious coffee one day and will be mixing our signature cocktail the next;
- You’ll be a secret concierge to the city, answering all of your guests’ questions about the best places to visit, eat, shop or party;
- Tidy home’s a happy home. You’ll make sure everything is spick and span in all areas and ready for the following shift;
- You’ll help our guests with any requests or demands regarding our facilities (you may even pick up some new tech skills along the way!).
Who You Are:
- You have a flexible, hands-on, motivated and positive approach;
- You’re an octopus that loves to get your dexterity skills into action;
- You have a background in hospitality, preferably in a hotel environment;
- You love responsibility and handle stressful peak periods like a pro;
- Fluent in English and have a basic understanding of Dutch – Know any other languages? The more the merrier!
- Hard working, responsible and a “let’s do this!” mentality;
- You’re a European citizen or legally allowed to work in The Netherlands.
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to work at a dynamic, multi-national company. Not just another hotel - we’re a game changing innovator, challenging every convention and defining the future.
- The chance to learn and grow in your role with the potential for future growth.
- Awesome discounts in all our properties in Europe and not just for you, but also for your friends and family!
- A wonderful workplace to call home, full of events, fun colleagues and all the other amazing salary/benefits stuff.
We want you to be you. You have your own style; tattoos are cool and your hair is yours, not ours. Basically, we don’t want to change who you are because we think the best hospitality comes from people who can be themselves and show our guests their personality. Our team is diverse, representing more than one nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, culture and personality type. That’s what makes our team so special.