For our organization in Oss (The Netherlands) we are currently recruiting a:
Associate Director – Automation Project
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us. Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our Merck Manufacturing Division Information Technology (MMD IT) team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
For more information, visit our website: www.werkenbijmsd.nl
The Digital Shop Floor Delivery group has accountability for delivery of all of the Automation and IT scope for large scale capital projects, primarily covering Manufacturing Division investments but also work on Animal Health and Research Labs facilities in a period of unprecedented growth in this area in the company. We expect the team to provide project management for IT and Automation scope of capital projects, take a lead technical role in delivery of automation scope and build a strong network within the global IT organisation to ensure successful delivery of the IT scope via various COEs and technical organisations.
The Associate Director - Automation Projects serves as the single point of contact for delivery of Automation and IT scope in support of significant capital projects (typically between $100MM and $500MM), for Human Health, Animal Health, or Research Labs facilities. The incumbent will partner with stakeholders in the business, Global Engineering Solutions and Digital Shop Floor Platform to ensure that projects are correctly scoped and delivered with appropriate technology and qualification standards. The incumbent will be accountable for finance, staffing and delivery of the end to end scope, typically in the range of 6-8% of the overall capital project spend. The position could also be located in Boxmeer (The Netherlands).
The Associate Director Automation Projects is responsible for activities that include the following:
· Partner with local business leadership and project teams to scope for Automation and IT aspects of capital projects bringing knowledge of Automation technologies and the Manufacturing Systems Architecture;
· Financial accountability for Automation / IT Spend
· Understand and educate local project teams on automation standards as they relate to technology selection, system configuration, SDLC, validation, hardware, software environments and business processes;
· Develop and execute project staffing plans
· Close liaison with Process Engineering Lead and Engineering Contractors
· Drive efficiencies in execution of projects to reduce costs and cycle times based on standards
· Engages with stakeholders at all levels of projects, including active participation in Project Steering teams
· Develop resourcing strategy for projects working with strategic partners.
The extent of (inter)national travel is 20%.
· BSc / MSc in Engineering, Computer Science, or other technical degree. MBA a plus;
· 8 or more years of experience in project/automation/IT, support and/or Vaccines / Pharmaceutical Manufacturing front line supervision;
· Proven record of proficiencies associated with business analysis on small sized projects;
· Excellent understanding of SDLC methodologies and LEAN/MPS/ Sigma principles, facilitation, problem solving, and decision-making skills;
· Demonstrated ability to analyse and define business problems, develop business cases, and identify appropriate process and technological solutions is essential;
· Proven facilitation, meeting/workshop management, project management and change management skills are essential, along with excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Dutch, as well as strong presentation skills;
· Preferable good understanding of cGMP's
· Desirable a strong record of delivery of automation projects and experience of management of a portfolio of projects at any given time.
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities for personal development. Our benefits are very competitive, and the summary below will give you an idea of what you can expect.
· Competitive salary and a 3% year-end bonus;
· 35,5 days of leave;
· Attractive collective health care insurance package with considerable reduction rates;
· Solid Pension Plan;
· MSD Incentive (bonus) Plan;
· Travel allowance for commuting;
· Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development.
A good place to work
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
For more information about the position please contact Roger Stephenson, Director Service Delivery/Management: +44 1670593270.
If you are interested in this challenging role, you are invited to apply online by uploading your resume and application letter in English.