Depending on your experience you will lead, coordinate and/or contribute in project scope definition, front-end loading studies and detail design engineering for site managed projects. This includes equipment inquiry and order specifications, labor packages, technical documents, as-builds and direct technical plant support. The majority of the work will be part of multi-discipline projects for which good team player and communication skills are required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Basic design for instrumentation and related electrical components and feeders, including P&ID checks, block & loop diagrams, instrument data sheets and 10 lists;
- Sizing / selection / validating process instrumentation and corresponding hookups;
- Sizing / selection / validating control and automated block valves;
- Sizing / selection / validating (low voltage) electrical feeders and equipment, such as motors, variable frequency drives (VFD), uninterruptable power supplies (UPS), rectifiers / chargers feeder panels, electrical tracing and corresponding cables;
- Design and engineering according to Dow, national and international codes and regulations;
- Using environmental, safety and loss prevention principles;
- Field verification for detailed engineering;
- Provide input for cost estimates, quality and efficiency measurements; Contact for client and partners for technical questions and participation in (inter)discipline and project meetings;
- Leading and guiding E&l work for projects executed by external engineering companies and the Central Engineering Center - Chennai (CE-C).
Advanced / growth responsibilities:
- E&I area lead, which holds extended responsibilities such as:
- leading a small team of designers / engineers,
- controlling all projects in a number of plants,
- managing outsourced work,
- providing input for correct staffing of projects, o participation in regular project and progress meetings;
- Direct technical support for client, process engineering, process automation, construction and maintenance partners and related activities; Validating process data and process packages;
- Participation in HAZOP studies and SIL assessment and Root Cause I nvestigations;
- Participations in global technology teams;
- Bachelors or Master's degree (preferred) in engineering, preferably with a minimum of 5 years' experience within E&l engineering.
- Good communications and social skills.
- Fluency in English and Dutch or willing to learn Dutch.
- Knowledge of regulations and codes, such as ATEX, NPR, NEN and IEC, working experience in SPI and 2D CAD tool and working in the chemical industry is an advantage;
- Willing to develop skills in both instrumentation and electrical engineering and (Dow) tools wherever gaps exist;
- Experience with common (Windows) computer office tools.
Nouvall Engineering Services is gespecialiseerd in projectondersteuning voor de (petro)chemische Industrie. Wij leveren hierin expertise op het gebied van Engineering, Project Management, Maintenance, Shutdowns, Construction en Safety.
Based on a large chemical plant we have an opening for an E&I Design Engineer