OVERALL ROLE PURPOSE
The Logistics Employee is supporting the logistic department at every level. Knowledge of inbound and outbound shipments by air, sea and road transport is key and be responsible of the sample shipments. The main tasks of the logistics employee are to coordinate with the logistics team all outbound and inbound shipments receiving, filing and registering logistics documents and the preparation of all sample requests. The Logistics employee is constantly looking for opportunities to improve the service and reduce operation and transport cost.
The logistics employee is expected to coordinate closely with both internal and external customers, suppliers and carriers to ensure the provision of an optimum service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Coordination outbound shipments;
- Booking outbound shipments (Road, sea and air)
- Manage export documentation like EUR1/CVO/COC/Packing List
- Administrate booking in the company systems
- Archive transport documentation from outbound shipments
- Request pricing for exceptional shipments
- Ensure SOP’s are up-to-date
- Coordination inbound shipments;
- Booking containers at sea in the company systems
- Controle expected receive dates in the company systems
- Arrange transport for a select number of suppliers
- Arrange air shipments
- Archive transport documentation from inbound shipments
- Ensure SOP’s are up-to-date
- Close collaboration and strong communication with warehouses to ensure processes are aligned and priorities are set correctly
- Coordination / processing of internal sample requests to customers/suppliers.
- Responsibility for our internal sample-room
- Sending out samples and track & trace (including Commercial Invoice and Packing List)
- Keep track of all administrative matters regarding sample shipments
- Stock counts on retail, brand, chains and packaging materials
- Contact person with our sub-suppliers who prepare sample sets for us
- Keeping the reception area and mail-room neat and tidy
- Helping out with packaging for shows and set up showroom
- Assist with unloading deliveries at our office
- Supplier declarations, this is a yearly process to get every year the correct declarations on time to avoid any delay on shipments.
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to communicate analysis and recommendations (both verbal and written) in a clear and concise manner
- Insight and skill in the process of goods receiving, storage and delivery with regards to the administrative side of the process
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints
- Reasoning ability to define problems, collect data, establish fact and draw valid conclusions
- Sense of urgency, with the drive to get things done
- Strong software skills (Word, Excel, Exact, Synergy
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE and ATTITUDE
- MBO degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English
- Ability to work closely in a team but also independent
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Accuracy and proactivity
- Contact willingness
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.