Are you the one who is capable of translating compliance into business solutions? Do you always put the client first and are you willing to take that extra mile for our clients and your colleagues? Then we have a challenging position available for you as a Medior Compliance Officer.
Same rules and regulations, different approach
The definition of ‘compliance’ within Trustmoore covers much more than rules. Our compliance agenda is not solely driven by regulations; we take time and effort to ensure that our processes are fit for purpose in order to understand and manage our risks. We focus on 'soft controls' instead of checklists and strongly encourage our employees to think for themselves. As every client is different, we look for a balanced approach rather than relying on rigid procedures and checklists.
As a Medior Compliance Officer you will be working closely with finance and legal account managers in assuring Trustmoore’s compliance with local laws and regulations on a client level. You will report directly to our Head of Compliance and work closely together with other compliance officers. Moreover, you will be also part of our global Risk and Compliance community, maintaining Trustmoore’s high international standards of business integrity. Summarized as a Medior Compliance Officer, you contribute to the Compliance Department in the broadest sense.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Providing ad- hoc advice and guidance to our finance and legal account managers on the full range of compliance topics, including AML, sanctions, privacy, conflicts of interest, outsourcing, licensing etc. in accordance with the relevant regulations (e.g. WTT, WWFT, AVG);
• Providing support in the process of client acceptance and client file reviews, ensuring accuracy and completeness of the client files;
• Assisting legal and finance account managers with compliance issues during the client’s life cycle (client acceptance due diligence, transaction monitoring, periodic reviews, and exit);
• Providing training and support to the business to continuously enhance awareness and understanding of compliance risks and regulations;
• Assisting with implementing effective and pragmatic processes and procedures to mitigate compliance risks;
• Guiding and oversee the business in their executions of key risk management processes, as it relates to compliance risks;
• Being the owner of a number of group compliance policies and contribute actively to the development and maintenance of the related control framework;
• Assisting in preparing the compliance risk reports for the management board and global management board;
• Taking part in various projects and working groups and work together with members of the wider compliance team in other jurisdictions where Trustmoore operates;
• Acting as mentor for other junior compliance officers in further development of the compliance team;
• Participating in Client Acceptance Meetings, Internal Compliance Meetings, and Business Compliance ;
The ideal candidate will have:
• Master’s degree in a relevant study (e.g. Law, Economics, Criminology);
• Certified Compliance officer degree;
• Minimum of 3 years of proven compliance experience in financial services provider;
• Familiar with compliance systems and processes;
• Experience with compliance issues relating to regulatory and governance requirements and curiosity about regulatory developments;
• Understanding of risk management;
• Integrity and professional ethics;
• Strong organizational and effective communication skills;
• A professional and hands-on work mentality;
• Proven team spirit;
• Proven mentoring skills;
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills;
• Self-starting mentality, taking initiative;
• Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English (both orally and in writing).
What do we offer you?
• Great salary conditions (EUR 3,500-5,000 /month Full Time)
• 25 vacation days
• 8% holiday allowance
• Pension Benefits
• Work week of minimum 32 hours + good work life balance
• Stable and successful company
• International team (10 offices worldwide)
• (International) Career opportunities
• Trustmoore Academy
• BBQ’s, (sport) events and social activities
Are you the Medior Compliance Officer we are looking for?
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss other roles that we are currently recruiting for, fill out the application form or contact the Recruitment Department at phone number +3188 5678 399.