Do you aspire to a career within compliance? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial and informal environment where you get the chance to develop? Then, the position of Junior Compliance Officer at Trustmoore in Amsterdam, is your first step towards a flourishing compliance career.
Same rules and regulations, different approach;
The definition of ‘compliance’ within Trustmoore covers much more than rules. Our compliance agenda is not solely driven by regulations; we take time and effort to ensure that our processes are fit for purpose in order to understand and manage our risks. We focus on 'soft controls' instead of checklists and strongly encourage our employees to think for themselves. As every client is different, we look for a balanced approach rather than relying on rigid procedures and checklists.
As a Junior Compliance Officer you will be working closely with finance and legal account managers in assuring Trustmoore’s compliance with local laws and regulations on a client level. You will report directly to our Head of Compliance and work closely together with other compliance officers. Moreover, you will be also part of our global Risk and Compliance community, maintaining Trustmoore’s high international standards of business integrity. Summarized as a Junior Compliance Officer, you contribute to the Compliance Department in the broadest sense.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Providing support in the process of client acceptance and client file reviews, ensuring accuracy and completeness of the client files.
• Assisting legal and finance account managers with compliance issues during the client’s life cycle (client acceptance due diligence, transaction monitoring, periodic reviews, and exit).
• In general liaising with your colleagues on various compliance related topics, in particular related to Wtt (“Wet toezicht trustkantoren”) and Wwft (“Wet ter voorkoming van witwassen en financiering terrorisme”).
• Supporting the Compliance Department on various projects and administrative tasks (client-related as well as with respect to internal procedures), for example running namechecks against sanction lists etc.
• Providing input for the periodic compliance risk reports to our internal and external stakeholders, amongst others by analyzing compliance related information from our internal IT / compliance systems.
• Supporting the Compliance Department with the design and roll-out of internal compliance trainings and preparation of training materials.
• Taking part in specific project groups such as GDPR, privacy, or related to new laws & regulations.
• Participating in Client Acceptance Meetings, Internal Compliance Meetings, and Business Compliance Meetings.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Bachelor / HBO degree in a relevant study (e.g. Law, Economics, Criminology);
• Basic understanding of risk management and eagerness to learn;
• Affinity with integrity and governance requirements;
• Strong organizational skills;
• A professional and hands-on work mentality;
• Proven team spirit;
• Strong interpersonal skills;
• Self-starting mentality, taking initiative;
• Excellent communication skills in both Dutch and English (verbal and in writing);
• Work experience in the financial services sector is deemed an advantage.
What do we offer you?
• Great salary conditions : (EUR 2,500-3,500/month Full Time)
• 25 vacation days
• 8% holiday allowance
• Pension Benefits
• Work week of minimum 32 hours + good work life balance
• Stable and successful company
• International team (10 offices worldwide)
• (International) Career opportunities
• Trustmoore Academy
• BBQ’s, (sport) events and social activities
Are you the Junior Compliance Officer we are looking for?
If you are interested in this position or would like to discuss other roles that we are currently recruiting for, fill out the application form or contact the Recruitment Department at phone number +3188 5678 399.