Our Engineers are the heart of ING. We solve some of the hardest problems. Constantly experimenting and improving of both the way of working. You will be working within the Cards domain The department is working in a DevOps manner, where Scrum/Agile method and Continious Delivery practices are very important. We release several times per week, but perhaps you can help us automating the pipeline even further?
You will be working in the Tribe Betalen for Cards. We make and maintain all the IT systems for our Debit and Credit Cards. Our systems handle the transaction flow for 60% of the total Dutch payment traffic. We support international payment methods e.g. Mastercard credit and debit while enabling all our customers to pay with virtual cards on their phone.
Stack and tooling
In our stack we use Angular JS, RESTFUL API’s, TOMCAT, TIBCO, Oracle, DB2 and a bunch of other technologies. Our supporting technologies are a private cloud, Protractor, IBM RTW/RIT, Jenkins, Maven, Nolio, TFS, Graphite and the ELK stack. Although we would like that you have a working knowledge of everything we use, we find it important that we know you are flexible and keen on learning new stuff.
- Monitoring of the production environment
- Extend monitoring and alerting on infra-, platform- and application level
- Analyzing IT security risks and design/implement preventive measures
- Optimizing high availability of the vertical stack
- Capacity management, evolving to predictive capacity management
- Owning backup/restore and disaster recovery processes
- Governance of the enterprise service consumers and providers of our ESB environments
- Leading role in incident and problem management involving multiple squads
- Optimizing the workflow of the DevOps squads by automating and supporting various DevOps tools
- Adapting middleware solutions to the long-term vision of the Bank, providing expert insights for complex cases
- Bachelor ( or Master ) degree in Computer Science Engineering
- At least 5 year experience in a role as Network Administrator, System Administrator, Ops engineer.
- Proven track record in this role, preferably in an international environment
- Expert on the TIBCO ActiveMatrix stack (BW 5.X, EMS, Silver, RVD, Hawk, Business Events, AppManage)
- Good knowledge of modern application servers such as Nginx and Tomcat
- Good knowledge of enterprise level networking (TCP/IP, VPNs, SFTP, Proxy, Firewalls)
- Good knowledge infrastructure applications such as VMware, GlusterFS
- Certified Red Hat System Administrator
- Able to work under pressure, no 9-5 mentality, willing to be on stand-by outside of office hours
- Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written
- Good knowledge in Scrum/Agile methodologie
Nice to have:
- Experience middleware products such as IBM MQ and Axway XFB
- Experience with using IBM DB2 Universal Database
- Monitoring experience using IBM Tivoli Monitoring
- Experience deployment and build tooling such as Nolio, Jenkins and Gitlab
- Knowledge of REST, API
- Expertise in architecture, security and solution design