What Joining the Microsoft Team Means
At Microsoft our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. In Consumer Channel Sales & Marketing (CCSM) our purpose is to create value with our partners, to market and sell innovative consumer solutions powered by Windows, Office, Surface, and Xbox. We’re positioned right at the intersection of customers, hardware partners, and channel partners. Our team works with ecosystem partners and internal business groups to drive digital excellence and e-commerce capability, as well as accelerate cloud and subscription adoption. Together, we win by delivering compelling at-home and on-the-go experiences combining intelligent edge devices and services that create Microsoft fans for life.
As a member of our team you’ll be part of growing a multi-billion-dollar business and Region, charting new areas of innovation and impacting billions of lives around the world. You also will be a part of a culture centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. If that appeals to you, it’s an exciting time to be here in CCSM.
We are seeking a Regional Category Director to lead the Category Management discipline for the Consumer Channel for the Microsoft Consumer Channel Sales and Marketing (CCSM) organization across the Europe, Middle East and Africa Region. This will include close alignment with the WW Category leads for all Microsoft’s Consumer products namely Windows Devices and Finished Packaged Product, M365, Gaming/Xbox, Surface devices and PC Accessories to influence WW product strategies, Go to Market activities with our partner channels nd direct business and ensure these get executed within the region to ensure sustainable category growth
In partnership with the WW CCSM category and team, this senior leader will:
· Develop the consumer device channel strategy for the region
· Own the development of building category skills within the regional category management community
· Lead the seasonal category planning across all categories to ensure we deliver growth across all consumer products, devices and services helping Microsoft and its partners grow revenue, profits and share
· Drive key consumer/audience insights as well as product insights leveraging telemetry and usage data
The role will focus on leading and coaching a team of director level category managers and to support the 6 -sub-areas in the region to identify growth opportunities across markets, categories and channels.
The Regional Category Lead will need to provide additional value to sub-areas and subsidiaries by removing blockers to enable growth.Responsibilities
Key areas of responsibility and success criteria:
Aligned to the transformational principles the key priorities for the role include:
1. Consistent and Compelling Story Telling
· Ensure the Regional Category team provide deep category and audience analytics and consumer insights to support the field teams in building strong Category plans and to enable them to become trusted advisors of their key retail, mobile operator, online and distribution accounts
· Integrate new categories, services and business models into category planning, specifically, aligned to the subscription economy, M365 and Gaming
· Land new product launches with key partners/channels in partnership with Consumer Channel Partner Marketing (CCSM) , Channel Sales, and Business Sales Operations.
2. Operational Excellence
· Own the Regional CRISP readiness and project management for all categories to ensure stronger seasonal planning
· Own the Category components for all partner opportunities to present the value of Microsoft in helping partners grow their revenues and profitability, and the value this can and will drive for consumers.
· Contribute to channel investment plans (in partnership with Channel Sales and CCPM and priorities based on the Category Strategy and priorities including managed retail, Mobile Operator, breadth, online and distribution
· Support Strategic Account planning for top 60 Managed accounts including joint scorecards, analytics and business priorities aligned to the CCSM Annual planning process and priorities
· Review and lead the monthly/quarterly Category ROB, data, reporting and analytics and Monthly MBU/QBU for the region.
· Lead the Regional Category Community and Communications to enable success and best practice sharing in the field.
3. Influence Product Group Strategies and Programs
· Build strong and influential relationships with the respective Business Groups at the WW level.
· In partnership with WW Category and BG leads, lead partner disclosure, feedback and escalations for all new products and services and GTM planning
· Contribute to the respective category strategies and priorities for Microsoft by providing regional insights and the Voice of the Customer to ensure annual and seasonal priorities and strategies are strong and regionally relevant
· Drive deep financial insight and knowledge into all programs at the Regional level specific to the respective channels
4. Business Results
· Lead and actively engage in the respective category sales motions to ensure the Region exceeds all revenue and contribution margin targets, metrics and KPI’s
· Support Region Channel sales teams to build and maintain strong relationships with defined partners. Understanding deeply their business models, business objectives and growth plans
· Lead the ecosystem alignment and partnership across OEM and Silicon for the Region
· Own the Regional strategy to ensure we are focused and addressing all Compete scenarios (Apple, Chrome, Sony etc.)
5. Building and leading a great team
· Build and lead a team of high performing people who are passionate and love what they do and have significant impact on the Category Management business with great collaboration with other Microsoft & eco-system teams
· Focus on Diversity and Inclusion and work to achieve a balanced workforce
· Build and execute a category readiness/training plan in conjunction with WW Category stakeholders in Corp.
· Recruit and attract the best talent from across the company and region
· Prioritize people development and career planning.
Key Success Criteria
• Ability to set clear goals/timelines for the team to achieve or exceed to deliver on revenue and scorecard targets
• Manage talent remotely and understand market dynamics across varying geographies and cultures
• Collaborative and consistently demonstrate strong leadership skills aligned to the Microsoft Leadership principles (Clarity, Energy and Success) across diverse groups and at all levels. Ability to easily navigate corporate stakeholders and communicate clearly in ambiguous situations
• Engage at the CXO level with the top 5-8 top strategic accounts across the region to ensure top customer/consumer insights, share data to drive partner growth
• Senior executive presence and engagement. Ability to build relationships and influence C level leaders across marketing and commercial teams at key channel and eco-system partners
• Ability to build partnerships and influence senior leaders within Microsoft through deep business insights and understanding of customer and partner needs.
• Strong partner management “discipline” of working with people; in a structured way, orchestrating teams through complex solutions, commercial terms and organizational ambiguity
• Quality and Effectiveness of the product/category plans to guide the channel/sales planning and execution aligned to the business KPI’s
• Build great teams, acquire top talent and retain them thru career and succession planning
• Improvement in operational effectiveness within WW teams
• Good understanding of digital marketing strategies and transformation
• Strong commercial acumen and awareness of current industry trendsQualifications
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.