We are looking for a Director of Sales to join us at The Hoxton, Amsterdam.
Once the Mayor's home, now our home, on Amsterdam's Herengracht canal. The Hoxton, Amsterdam houses 111 rooms, The Apartment, our meetings & events concept, and our all-day restaurant & bar, Lotti's.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, UK & Europe and the General Manager of The Hoxton, Amsterdam
you will be responsible for leading the property based sales team at The Hoxton, Amsterdam, ensuring strategies are in place across the corporate, group, meetings and events segments to deliver on the hotel's budget.What you'll do...
What we're looking for...
- Develop and implement an annual sales plan, in conjunction with the Revenue Team and Director of Sales UK & Europe to source, drive and grow revenue across all segments. Constantly monitor results and adjust strategies and activities to make sure we're meeting our objectives and targets
- Manage and lead your team, from recruitment and induction through to team development, encouraging a highly proactive and high performing environment that ultimately allows the team to deliver on our objectives.
- Maintain an excellent level of knowledge of the local marketplace in Amsterdam in addition to maintaining a good level of knowledge for each Hoxton location
- Responsible for managing a pre-assigned portfolio of accounts, taking the lead on rate negotiations and account management activities whilst ensuring we maximise our market share
- Plan and manage the RFP season and rate negotiations for The Hoxton, Amsterdam, liaising with the Revenue Management team and Head of Sales, Corporate where necessary
- Collaborate with key teams (eg. Brand, Revenue, Digital, Graphics, PR, Hotel Operations and General Managers) to ensure key information & insights are shared and we're effectively working together towards great revenue results.
- Responsible for ensuring Agency 360 reports are utilised to review market penetration, grow market share and prospect new business opportunities
- Drive new business prospecting activities for The Hoxton, Amsterdam across Corporate, Group and MICE segments. Ensure local actions are in place to research and identify opportunities for new business in line with hotel's strategies
- Monitor conversion rate of Group and M&E enquiries and implement actions where necessary to increase conversion
- Represent The Hoxton, Amsterdam at relevant industry networking events and organise client entertainment, show rounds, familiarization trips and sales trips to ensure sales targets are met
- Support with pre-opening sales strategies for new openings where relevant
What's in it for you...
- You're passionate about hotel sales and goal driven
- You are able to introduce structured ways of working into a fast-growth environment that relies in many ways on being flexible and moving fast
- A strong team leader, a natural at managing and inspiring others in a way that gets the best out of them
- An excellent relationship builder, confident in working with other teams and leaders; you're passionate about what we can achieve together
- You're looking for a place where you can be you; no clones in suits here
- You're up for doing things differently and trying (almost) everything once
- You're not precious; we leave our egos at the door and help get things done
- You want to be part of a team that works hard, supports each other and has fun along the way
- You're not afraid to get your hands dirty when it comes to admin duties and love a neat and tidy Dropbox
- You get us. You know our hotels, you've hung out in our bars and possibly regretted that last cocktail the next morning
More about us...
- 25 holidays (plus bank holidays), pension, competitive salary, and nifty rewards for going the extra mile and living our values
- Free lunch
- Excellent discounts across the global Ennismore family for you and your nearest and dearest (even if you decide to leave us!)
- Enjoy a night at The Hoxton and a meal for two when you first start with us
- Free night at The Hoxton every year and something a little extra €€€ when you hit the big milestones.
- Plenty of opportunity to progress and change it up while you're with us - we're growing quickly and globally and are part of a diverse family of brands
- Training to get you settled into your role, learning academies to broaden your skill set and development that helps you think, make and thrive at work
- Time off to volunteer with one of our partner charities
- An annual diversity and inclusion calendar of events creating opportunities for you to learn, celebrate and make a positive impact.
- Regular team get togethers, from our team drinks to our (pretty special!) bi-annual parties - we know how to have a good time!
The Hoxton is a series of open-house hotels, each in a neighbourhood that we love. Ever since we opened our first hotel in Shoreditch, we've never just been about offering a bed for the night. We want to be more than that: proving style doesn't need to be sacrificed for good value and providing a place where guests can hang out alongside the locals and submerse themselves in the neighbourhood with vibrant, welcoming public spaces.