Solution Area Specialists IC5
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission. Responsibilities
The Small, Medium, and Corporate team helps businesses achieve their digital transformation goals by matching customer challenges with Microsoft solutions. Located in either a Digital Sales center, or a local subsidiary, you will help our managed customers across industries, company sizes and territories to identify their needs and opportunities using the latest in digital selling technology. One of the fastest growing customer segments in the industry, you will help customers get to the Microsoft Cloud across solution areas like Modern Work, Business Applications, Applications and Infrastructure, Data and AI, and Security.
As an Azure Data & AI Specialist you will be a senior solution sales leader within our Small, Medium and Corporate growth business, leading a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed quarterly Data & AI revenue and usage/consumption targets in your assigned accounts. You will be a trusted advisor and a Data & AI subject matter expert with core capability and expertise in Data Modernization, Analytics and AI. You will work with customers to leverage data to help them achieve their business priorities and help guide customer’s journey through Analytics-led Azure Data transformation. You will help customers evaluate their applications and business requirements, recommend solutions that meet their requirements and demonstrate these solutions to win the technical decision. You will need to support customers to remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction. You will help our customers take advantage of our unique hybrid data platform and leading Analytics & AI solutions to realize the value of digital transformation.
Key Responsibilities include:
- 50% of your time will be spent with customers identifying and surfacing new engagements that align with the customer’s business strategy. You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, targeted account lists to identify and engage prioritized customers. You will be required to be disciplined in business-management, adaptable to a culture of accountability and build a strong and active business network.
- 30% of your time will be spent on being the key technical leader, with an outstand Cloud Economics knowledge, trusted advisor and influencer in shaping customer decisions to commit, architect and adopt Microsoft Data, Analytics and AI solutions. You will win the customer’s technical decision for sales opportunities and consumption scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making. You will lead presentations, demonstrations, architecture design sessions to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft Azure Data Services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- 20% of your time will be spent on managing your territory as a business and investing in your own skills to remain top of your game. You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving work that results in business impact for customers, partners and Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership, and we encourage all our employees to continuously maintain and enhance their technical, business value, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness. You will therefore be required to attain and maintain required certifications.
- Experience. 12-15+ years’ experience selling business solutions to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on application and infrastructure technologies required
- Account Management. Effective territory/account management: planning, opportunity qualification and creation, stakeholder and executive communication, analysis, value engineering, services/partner engagement, opportunity management, pipeline management, large dollar licensing and deal negotiation required
- Executive Presence. Experience and expertise selling to senior business decision makers by aligning & reinforcing the value of the solution to the customer’s overall business pain and/or strategic opportunities and decision criteria.
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Business Value. Able to utilize tools such as the Azure Pricing Calculator, Azure ROI Tool, and Azure TCO Tool to generate consumption project cost estimates and demonstrate Cloud economic value to customers
- Consumption Project Management. Experience leveraging cloud adoption methodologies and frameworks to structure application migration projects preferred
- Collaborative. Orchestrate and influence virtual teams to pursue sales opportunities and lead v-teams through influence required
- Azure Data Services. Understanding of Microsoft Azure Cloud platform with emphasis on Microsoft Data platform services, hybrid cloud technologies, developer tools and services and/or complementing solutions. required
- Technical Dialog. Lead technical sessions making use of whiteboards or other resources to drive solution discussions leveraging published solution architectures for common data platform implementations required
- Technical Demonstration. Ability to demonstrate Azure solutions leveraging pre-packaged Azure demo environments and live demos from the Azure Resource Manager showcasing relevant Azure Data, Analytics & AI solutions required
- Technical Frameworks. Ability to leverage technical frameworks such as the Cloud Adoption Framework for Azure to guide customers and partners through the cloud adoption journey preferred
- Leadership. Experience leading large cloud engagements, especially those involving Data migration and application modernization projects preferred
- Competitive Landscape. Knowledge of enterprise software solutions and cloud and datacenter infrastructure competitor landscape including AWS and GCP
- Partners. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Certifications. Azure Data Administrator Associate Certified or equivalent knowledge.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar information technology-related discipline, MBA preferred, or equivalent experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden