Are you passionate about building best image and video experience on the web and help billions of internet users find the most relevant and enjoyable image/video content on the web through recommendation and search? Do you want to work with a group of talented data and applied scientists and distributed system engineers to grow your experience/career in wide range of area including engineering skills, recommendation, computer vision, natural language processing, machine learning, deep learning, big data mining, and information retrieval etc? Our product depends on talents from diversified technical background. If so, this data scientist position on Bing Multimedia Team may be a great fit for you!
Bing multimedia team is looking for a talented machine learning scientist to help us build products and next generation of recommendation and ranking algorithms to make impact to power millions and millions of users. And it is a fun and fast paced team.
As data & applied scientist, you will have wide range of responsibilities and opportunities to learn and make impact, which includes but not limited to
• Analyze the problem through all data available to you including large scale crawled data and user engagement data etc.
• Define problem and metrics to address various problems include relevance, authority, attractiveness, diversity, and freshness etc
• Design and train ML system and model architecture
• Collect data for training
• Define ML engineer life cycle and drive project forwards through iterative release
• Collaborate with other data & applied scientist as well as distributed system engineer and program manager
• Potentially mentor other engineers and proactively seeks mentorship from others
• Master or above degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or related fields
• 3+ years Recommendation, machine learning / computer vision / natural language processing experience and results in academy or industry.
• 3+ years of experience with general purpose programming language (C/C++/C#/Java/Python etc.)
• Good communication skills and ability to work in collaborative environment.
• Good design and problem-solving skills and an ability to innovate and solve challenging technical problems
• Passion and self-motivated
• Embrace engineering excellence and delivering quality results at scale.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, related fields
• Publications in major ML/IR/NLP/CV conferences. Examples: ICML, NIPS, SIGIR, ACL, EMNLP, CVPR, KDD
• Prior Tech lead or dev lead
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.