Enterprise Data Architect
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centred on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission. Do you always strive to learn? Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you share and build on other’s ideas because we are better together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft? Then come to Microsoft - Together we make a difference.
As an Enterprise Data Architect, you will be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for helping customers successfully operationalize their Data and Analytics pipeline, including ML pipelines, and guide them in building new solutions that incorporate the very best of Data Engineering solution available today. Your focus should be end-to-end, enterprise data adoption, by joining people, process and technology together, thereby helping customers build sustainable data and analytics systems that are easy to manage, maintain and grow, and delivers the right business impact.
You will work alongside an open and inclusive team who are extremely talented and bright and help you onboard, and see eye to eye with you in solving key challenges for our customers. You will be whiteboarding complex architecture, writing useful technical collateral for your customers and the community, you will be speaking at strategic conferences, and you be working with customers building MVPs, but most importantly, you will be the number one Trusted Advisor to your customer.
If any of the above excites you, what are you waiting for? Responsibilities
As our Enterprise Data Architect you will be working with some of the biggest names across our customer base, and will focus on end to end architecture for customer Data and Analytics platform, with a key focus on:
- Security (including Privacy)
- Cost and TCO
- Operational excellence including DataOps and MLOps
- Relibality for complex global distributed architectures
As an Enterprise Data Architect, you will be by joining people, process and technology together, thereby helping customers build sustainable data and analytics systems that are secure, easy to manage and maintain and grow, and delivers the right business impact.
Understanding Customer/Partner Technical Environment
- Identifies and evaluates industry trends (customer industry verticals, information technology [IT] industry), gathers customer/partner insights (e.g., feedback around technical preferences, environments, business needs, competitive landscape), and maps architecture and digital transformation solutions to customer/partner business outcomes. Adapts business models, plans, and solutions to insights.
- Acts as the voice of the customer (VOC)/partner by driving new feedback, gaps, blockers, insights, resources, etc. across territories to track, add, and prioritize, using established channels (e.g., UAT/TFT). Represents the customer/partner to internal teams (e.g., Engineering) to shape products and services by providing insights across the territory.
Architecture Design and Deployment
- Leverages and champions an existing architecture approach to achieve Microsoft's agreed commitments to the customer/partner. Proposes and develops new solutions to scale across multiple customers/partners while demonstrating the business case and presenting alternative scenarios.
- Uncovers, aggregates, and synthesizes data about customer/partner business, complex technical requirements and issues (e.g., involving great length or tenacity to resolve), and various technical strategies being proposed. addresses them with win-win technical architecture(s) and demonstrates and proves the capability and business value of those solutions through design collaboration sessions with the customer/partner.
- Applies broad technical, industry, and enterprise knowledge to architecture projects to meet business and information technology (IT) requirements and resolve identified constraints. shaping and enhancing customers' requirements.
- Leads customer/partner projects that implement technical architecture(s) to enable a breadth of highly advanced and complex solutions. Provides thought leadership for technical architecture design, development, and deployment and supports/drives the customer/partner throughout pre-sales and/or implementation.
- Anticipates, identifies, and removes technical blockers (e.g., changing configurations, sample coding) through regular technical reviews and check ins to accelerate architecture implementations. Anticipates and routes non-technical issues for removal by the appropriate party.
- Adapts methodology and applies governance to identify, communicate, and minimize business and technical risks (e.g. Well-Architected Framework, Enterprise Scale Landing Zone, Cloud Adoption Framework). Defines customer/partner conditions of success, adheres to quality assurance, and calculates risks while designing and/or delivering solutions.
- Connects gaps and patterns across business and technology areas, and drives changes and improvements to existing intellectual property (IP), technologies, and/or processes that enable solutions to scale across customers. drives sales and consumption, as well as IP re-use and best practice sharing. Develops and contributes to the company stock of structured frameworks and methodologies.
- Develops and expands existing impactful relationships with customer and partner/MCS architects, C-level technical decision makers (TDMs), and business stakeholders (to the extent that the customer/partner will call for consultation without being prompted). Provides direction to TDMs and builds the bridge between TDMs and business decision makers (BDMs). Influences partners in technical and architectural areas.
- Creates and sustains constructive tension and trust with customers/partners by respectfully challenging their decisions and/or areas where they might do more and encouraging them to consider alternative architectures and approaches.
- Leads the adoption of Microsoft architecture technologies based on analysis/differentiation of Microsoft and competitor products to influence the industry-wide direction for specific architecture(s).
- Leads virtual teams around technologies and customer/partner challenges by sharing ideas, insight, and strategic, technical input with technical teams, internal communities across the field, and the larger virtual team across Microsoft using knowledge of Microsoft architectures and their context in the competitive landscape. Acts as a mentor to multiple peers and leads initiatives to improve processes and drive efficiency.
- Participates in external architect community events (e.g., conferences, seminars, technical meetups, Webcasts, blogs, hackathons) and shares learnings with internal team. Acts a mentor to junior colleagues by educating them on technical and non-technical concepts and sharing best practices. Demonstrates deep industry knowledge and drives recognition for Microsoft solutions through presentations and engagements with external audiences.
- Leads architecture design, resiliency reviews, and technical optimization across multiple applications for the customer, resulting in production deployment application and increased customer business value. Leads initiatives to ensure that the customer's environment and applications are well-architected.
- Embody our culture and values
To be considered for this Enterprise Data Architecture role, we're looking for the following traits (or as many as reasonably possible):
- Demonstrable understanding/track record building Data Mesh architecture in complex organisations
- Deep understanding of building Big Data pipeline on Azure/AWS/GCP (or on-prem integrated with appropriate DevOps platforms)
- Hands-on experience of architecting and building and/or migrating and most importantly operationalizing Big Data & Analyticssystems
- Hands-on expertise in building pipeline on one or more of the following platforms: Azure HDInsight, Azure Databricks, Amazon EMR, Cloudera and/or Hortonworks
- In-depth understanding of DevOps processes is key; any understanding of Application Monitoring and Notification is a bonus.
- Breadth of technical experience across the following: Data Acquisition, Data Preparation, Big Data Analytics, Data Governance, Machine Learning including MLOps.
- Demonstrable expertise in consultative/complex technical sales or deployment projects required
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior IT executives and growing data services in large or highly strategic accounts
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences (Senior Executives, IT management and developers)
- We are open to different industry/sector backgrounds who can offer/demonsrate the above traits.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND strong experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies; OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND strong experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies; OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND very strong experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies; OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND strong experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies; OR equivalent experience.
- proven technical sales experience.
- proven project management experience.
- Technical Certification in Cloud (e.g., Azure).
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Bachelor Master Bachelor Master
Wat wij bieden