Global Supplier Account Manager
Are you passionate about influencing and driving economic value across Microsoft’s most complex supplier relationships and looking for an opportunity to impact decisions that will have a long-term impact on Microsoft’s future? Are you experienced in supplier or partner relationship management including:
- Driving economic value realization
- Managing supplier accountability and performance
- Balancing trade-offs to optimize for value for Microsoft
- Developing, negotiating and implementing contract strategies
Procurement has a mission to deliver business value through proactive global solutions that are innovative, compliant and cost effective and exceed stakeholder expectations. Procurement is a global team of 220+ employees across 30 countries supporting 100+ geographies worldwide facilitating $30B+ in annual purchases worldwide.
Microsoft’s Supplier Management team within MS Procurement has an opening for an experienced relationship leader to manage key supplier relationships, driving supplier accountability, managing supplier risk and extending economic value across our highest impact suppliers. This will include, but is not limited to, aligning our purchase/use actions with the overall business strategies, monitoring the supplier’s performance, mitigating risk and driving future innovative opportunities, between Microsoft and the supplier. Responsibilities
Primary Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support the continued evolution of Procurement’s Microsoft Supplier Relationship Management Strategy.
- Partner and collaborate with a high performing team of Supplier Account Managers that work with internal stakeholders across Microsoft business groups to drive supplier accountability and enhance economic value
- Use judgment, subject matter expertise, and proven methodologies to minimize risk and business impact
- Demonstrate through effective measurement and performance systems that Managed Suppliers continue to be our most trusted, capable & compliant suppliers to deliver business outcomes faster & with greater quality
- Partner with Suppliers to enable Microsoft to be the Customer & Partner of Choice, ensuring we get the A team, winning our war for talent.
- In partnership with CELA monitor, assess and improve our Master contract agreements to provide comprehensive coverage, protection, and flexibility for Microsoft through skillful negotiations and strategic development of new contract structure
- Lead and manage high complexity multi-faceted supplier relationships partnering with our sales executives, alliance leaders driving the 360 perspective landing and accelerating go to market opportunities while driving supplier accountability.
- Provide leadership and proactive management of stakeholder relationships, both internal and with suppliers. Proactively recognize business and supplier issues, provide advice and risk mitigation strategies to internal customers regarding supplier matters, offer counsel, guidance, and interpretation during all stages of the supplier life cycle and ensure senior management is appropriately briefed on all significant terms and risks
- Act as a thought leader to drive continuous improvement to our Supplier Relationship Management processes and tools.
- Partner and land key company strategic initiatives and goals through our Managed Suppliers including diversity, sustainability and trust.
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, Public Relations, Management or Supply Chain. Masters preferred
- 6-10 years of business experience, including significant, leadership roles
- 5 years outsourcing supplier management, with proven performance improvements realized year over year
- Contract management/negotiation experience is required
- Demonstrated experience in providing strategic and thought leadership in the discipline of supplier relationship management
- Ability to communicate information proactively/effectively, create effective Program stories of impact, able to evangelize and influence across multiple audiences and at all levels in the organization
- Ability to persuade, lead and motivate others through indirect influence
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft’s core businesses fundamentals
- Experience of managing executive escalations from initiation to settlement
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden