Manager, Cloud Solution Architects - Azure-Infrastructure
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market.
We are looking for a talented individual to lead a team of deeply technical Apps & Infra/Data and AI Cloud Solution Architects (CSA) to drive growth of Azure Services for a set of Enterprise accounts across different industries. Key responsibilities include: This CSA Manager role will directly manage a team of full-time employee Apps & Infra/Data and AI CSA that will cover Enterprise customers in their respective territory. This is an exciting role that will help fuel Azure Customer success through customer retention and growth. Responsibilities
- Managers deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Model - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Coach - Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn.
- Care - Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
Understanding Customer/Partner Technical Environment
- Provides support for the team in gathering, evaluating, and leveraging industry trends (customer industry verticals, information technology [IT] industry) and customer/partner technical insights. Holds teams accountable for mapping architecture and digital transformation solutions to customer/partner business goals. Leverages prior work, customer/partner insights, industry trends, and shares insights with the team to apply.
- Supports the voice of the customer (VOC)/partner through escalation, acceleration, and an additional emphasis of feedback, gaps, blockers, insights, resources, etc.. looks across multiple customers/partners for opportunities to consolidate and prioritize items across the business.
Architecture Design and Deployment
- Holds teams accountable for leveraging existing architecture approaches to achieve Microsoft's agreed commitments to the customer/partner and develops new solutions to scale across multiple customers/partners.
- Ensures architects are equipped with the capabilities and means to deliver architectural demonstrations while taking into account complex technical requirements and issues (e.g., involving great length or tenacity to resolve) and various technical strategies being proposed. provides coaching to allow architects to scale solutions.
- Applies technical, industry, and enterprise knowledge across multiple, large architecture projects to meet strategic and tactical business and information technology (IT) requirements and resolve identified technical and organizational constraints. guides team to shape and enhance customers' requirements.
- Leads customer/partner projects that implement technical architecture(s) to enable a breadth of highly advanced and complex solutions. Provides thought leadership for related business strategy development and guides architect team in supporting/driving the customer/partner throughout pre-sales and/or implementation.
- Creates a culture and clarity around technical insights and escalations, anticipates and removes blockers related to the customer/partner business and/or internal politics to remove technical blockers through regular technical reviews and check ins, and ensures architecture implementations move forward. Identifies patterns in blockers across business areas or a territory. Ensures that non-technical issues are routed and removed by the appropriate party.
- Sets expectations for the team around methodology and governance, and ensures that team identifies, communicates, and minimizes business and technical risks (e.g. Well-Architected Framework, Enterprise Scale Landing Zone, Cloud Adoption Framework). Defines customer/partner conditions of success, adheres to quality assurance, and calculates risks whilst designing and/or delivering solutions.
- Connects gaps and patterns across business and technology areas, and drives changes and improvements to existing intellectual property (IP), technologies, and/or processes that enable solutions to scale across customers. drives sales and consumption, as well as IP re-use and best practice sharing. Develops and contributes to the company stock of structured frameworks and methodologies.
- Develops and expands existing impactful relationships with customer and partner/MCS architects, C-level technical decision makers (TDMs), and business stakeholders (to the extent that the customer/partner will call for consultation without being prompted). Provides direction to TDMs and builds the bridge between TDMs and business decision makers (BDMs).
- Coaches the team to create and sustains constructive tension and trust with customers/partners by respectfully challenging their decisions and/or areas where they might do more, explaining cost impacts, project context, business value, etc., and encouraging them to consider alternative architectures and approaches.
- Provides their team with a holistic perspective of customer/partner challenges, industry trends, and competitor architectures to allow team members to engage with customers/partners, demonstrate Microsoft's value, and develop counter strategy.
- Fosters a community sharing of stories and leverages of pre-existing resources by encouraging and empowering the team to share learnings by establishing a cadence (e.g., internal technical brainstorming calls, presenting latest challenges in staff meetings) to calibrate on challenges and trends that impact the team across the subsidiary level. Holds teams accountable for sharing insights with virtual team members to inform the direction they take with customers/partners.
- Participates in external architect community events (e.g., conferences, seminars, technical meetups, Webcasts, blogs, hackathons) and shares learnings with internal team. Acts a mentor to junior colleagues by educating them on technical and non-technical concepts and sharing best practices. Demonstrates deep industry knowledge and drives recognition for Microsoft solutions through presentations and engagements with external audiences.
- Manages the business and coaches Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs) to lead architecture design, resiliency reviews, and technical optimization across multiple applications for the customer, resulting in production deployment application and increased customer business value. Leads initiatives to ensure that the customer's environment and applications are well-architected. Acts as an industry expert to serve as a player/coach for CSAs.
- Embody our culture and values
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 6+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 12+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
- OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field AND 8+ years experience in technology solutions, practice development, architecture, consulting, and/or cloud/infrastructure technologies
- OR equivalent experience.
- 6+ years technical sales experience.
- 6+ years project management experience.
- 3+ years people management experience, including managing consultant practice managers, technical sales managers, and/or technical architect managers.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Bachelor Master Bachelor Master
Wat wij bieden