Core Services Engineeringteam members are strategic business partners and are the first to create innovative solutions exploiting Microsoft’s newest enterprise products and services. Core Services Engineeringprovides career growth opportunities, a rewarding and flexible work environment so you can better integrate professional andpersonal life. Unlike otherorganizations,Core Services Engineeringemployees make global impact on thousands of employees and millions of customers of Microsoft platforms and services.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the delivery ofhigh-qualityenterprise level solutions in support of the Business Platform and Supply Chain Application Services (BPSC) Mission. This role will represent the engineering discipline during project execution via a Combined Engineering model. This role also includes a strong accountability in regard to adherence to the Microsoft ITLC during the engineering activities and processes.
This specific Software Engineer will be functioning heavily within the SAP platform within the domain of SAP ABAP and other development technologies. This person will need to have a very solid understanding of both the technology and the practices regarding the evolution of requirements into a high-quality solution. Responsibilities
- Responsible for the execution & adherence of Software Engineering Standards
- Accountable for retention of critical intellectual property
- Actively drive design and architecture deliverables within project constructs
- Foster proactive and cooperative relationships within the project team
- Participate in project team activities and contributes to documentation requirements consistent with methodology
- Exercise independent judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Successfully complete engineering phases of projects in conformance to project goals, requirements, and schedule
- Analyze applications and make necessary changes to optimize solutions
- Accurately estimate work/time required to complete tasks
- Assist with the creation of project plans
- Participate in the creation of new guidelines and procedures
- Practice Agile+ software development by adding and leveraging Telemetry/Instrumentation to our components and services to drive decisions while executing in an agile cadence for engineering activities such as: designing, coding, testing, debugging and incident management
- Adhere to and drive sound software engineering practices through design reviews, system design through well-defined interfaces across multiple components, code reviews, leveraging data / telemetry to make decisions
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, diagnosable, actively monitored and reusable
- Support team efforts in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes from Microsoft and industry
- Pays utmost attention to quality right from the design phase, incorporating TDD practices and are engineered for testability
- Exposes test coverage issues, organizes and implements integration tests, and resolves problem areas
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Applies coding patterns and best practices
- Collaborate effectively with other disciplines of the project team
- Identify new opportunities to help meet our customers’ needs
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
- 5+years of previous SAP development experience in ABAP
- 3+ years ofSAP Master Data Management and Governance solutions like SAP MDG with experience on various master data models in BP, Customers, Vendors, Finance, Materials.
- 4+ year of experience with SAPMDG(Master Data Governance),MDC(Consolidation) andDQM(Data Quality).Strong ability to demonstrate and execute different aspects of SAP MDG implementations involving DataModelling, ProcessModelling, UIModelling, Rule based Workflows,Derivations andSMT Mappings.
- Strong understanding ofmaster data conversion andMDGDRF(DataReplicationFrameworks)with Key/Value Mappings, DataTransfer,Data Import/Export, SOA and ALE/IDocs.
- 5+ years of experience in developing ABAP Objects, ALE/IDocs, ODATA V2 or V4, RFC, BAPI, BADI, User Exits,Webdynpro, AUT, ATC, SAPScripts,Smartforms, Adobe Forms, Workflow, Business Events, and Enhancements
- 2+ years of experience in ABAP 7.4x or 7.5x
- 1+ years of experience inS/4 HANA -Developing CDS(Core Data Services) views, AMDP(ABAP Managed Database Procedures), BOPF(Business Object Processing Framework), SADL(Service Adaptation Description Language), MDE(Metadata Extensions) and annotations, ABAP development in Eclipse, SQL Script
- Experience of 2+End-to-End SAP MDG Technical Implementationprojects.
- Experience implementing SAPMDG(Master Data Governance) solutionson S/4 HANA.
- HANA Certification
- Experience with ABAP ATC, CVA, Code Coverage
- Knowledge of Python, Node.Js and Cloud Foundry
- Knowledge of SAP Gateway, ABAP Channels, RESTful ABAP Programming Model
- Knowledge of CCLM, SCMON or UPL
- Knowledge of SAP integration tools like SLT, SDI, HCI and SDA
- Experience working within teams engaged in a global delivery model
- Experience with a variety of SDLC methodologies such as: Waterfall, SCRUM, or other agile methodologies
- Enterprise IT experience, preferably with ERP
- Experience in building design patterns, bestpracticesand automating development standards
- Strong proficiency in SQL and OpenSQL
- Excellent understanding of software engineering practices
- Strong cross group collaboration abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to succeed in ambiguous environment
- Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- A track record of technical expertise, exemplary designs and implementations, ideation and delivery of innovative services, features, tools and engineering approaches.
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment with one-foot inside Microsoft and one-foot outside
- Experience in Agile execution
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving, troubleshooting, planning, and organizational navigation skills
- The ability to analyze problems and make appropriate decisions quickly
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Master master Master master Master Bachelor
Wat wij bieden