Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference. The mission of Flipgrid is to empower everyone on the planet to share their voice and respect the diverse voices of others.
The Flipgrid team has focused on student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of educators that empowers 100M+ learners, families and organizations across 190 countries.
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about culture as well as developing extraordinary products that engage the Flipgrid community. We believe that why we do things is as important as what we do. Big vision, an inclusive purpose, a passion for quality, curiosity as well as grit, and an investment in fun and collaboration are what lead to great results.
As Art Director, you will report into the Creative Director and will play a leading role in helping ensure the success of the Flipgrid Brand team, contributing your talents to helpdefine the visual ID for Flipgrid for years to come and helping ensure the team can deliver great design that elevates the brand, on an efficient schedule because we move fast! The ideal candidate isscrappy and quick to learn, and has the unique blend of being a great creator, collaborator, and communicatorwith an attention to detail and an understanding of best practices indesign across various platforms like social media, blogs and email. Responsibilities
- Help the team to develop, and manage Flipgrid’s outwardly facing brand presence, offering thoughtful and joyful creative, with a community-first focus
- Maintain aesthetic coherence across all outward marketing materials, working to find meaningful expressions within brand standards and guidelines
- Act as a visual designer and creative strategist in support of the Creative Director’s goals and objectives
- Be a strong partner and collaborator for the visual, video and motion designers on the brand team and across the product design team
- Actively partner with the Brand team and the content & storytelling team to ensure smooth project management within Asana and strong cross-team collaboration, helping to streamline review cycles and feedback coming to the rest of the design team
- Work diligently with the team to facilitate, collaborate, and contribute to a positive cultural environment, focused on implementation but also open to experimentation
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers across Flipgrid product design team to continually raise the bar for quality and ensure the brand expression is aligned both in-app and in externally facing marketing
- Continue to deepen your own knowledge and understanding of best practices and industry trends, and share with the team
- Ensure all designs follow accessibility and inclusivity standards defined by WCAG, ADA, and MAS
- Qualified candidates should have 5+ years of visual design experience
- Abilityto create designs in Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop or similar tools, working closely with the design team in a collaborative fashion
- Strong problem solving, creativity, communication, and negotiation skills, including theability to work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary setting
- Havea strong sense of visual aesthetics and how a strong visual ID can help to build brand affinity and confidence with the Flipgrid community online
- Experience partnering with a large team that has many functions, including product design and community engagement teams
- Demonstrable ability to work confidently across a multi-layered team
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, and organizational skills
- Start-up experience or enterprise-level brand team experience
- Experience blending visual and motion design elements and designing for use in social media channels
- Experience working in an environment that blends both thoughtful advance planning for content with space for spontaneous inspiration and testing of new ideas
- Previous experience using Asana for project workflow
- Proven ability to both design and project manage effectively
- The ability to take broad, conceptual guidance and turn it into useful, actionable storyboards and briefs
- The ability to provide direct feedback to stakeholders when deadlines or expectations are not within reason or details are needed, helping create space to do great work
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden