Are you interested in being on the cutting edge of our Cloud Services? Do you have a passion around designing creative software solutions and writing code? Do you also want to be closer to our customers and share in their success and directly see the outcomes of your work? Then come join us as an Embedded Escalation Engineer for Exchange technologies.
We are the Modern Workplace Supportability team and our mission is to translate customer experiences into engineering and support improvements. We focus on the challenges our customers face every day and look for creative, sustainable solutions that prevent issues from happening; help customers better optimize and manage their services; and help support engineers provide more effective and efficient assistance to our customers and partners.
We are expanding the engineering team within Supportability to be “the” differentiator in the marketplace; and we are looking for people willing to grow, learn, share, teach and become the difference makers that take our business to the next level. Our team is committed to building an inclusive environment that embraces the diverse strengths and experiences of all our team members.Responsibilities
As an Embedded Escalation Engineer (EEE) you will have opportunity to apply your full range of technical and professional skills in a highly visible role as we work to build a framework that will continue to respond more swiftly and smoothly to the needs of our customers.
It’s your chance to:
• Work with the Exchange Product Engineering Groups to provide world-class engineering support at a product component (feature) level including driving support incident resolution for configuration, code, or other service deficiencies impacting customers.
• Apply code skills and technical knowledge towards efficiently resolving support issues. This may include recommending code changes; helping developers to fix and ship code changes to production or directly contributing to product improvements by fixing bugs.
• Identify emerging trends or re-occurring escalation scenarios and drive engineering opportunities to mitigate and/or eliminate them. This can include a range of potential categories, such as diagnostics, self-healing and automation; all of which may prevent issues or increase the capabilities of our customers to mitigate issues themselves improving the overall experience with Microsoft Exchange Online.
• Provide tools and insights that increase the capability and efficiency of our support teams around the globe.
The position is primarily “behind the scenes” providing engineering support to the broader Microsoft Exchange Support teams for incidents that would otherwise require engineering group engagement. The focus of this role is on Exchange but may require helping in other areas as needed.
• Do you have 3+ years of experience with C# and .NET, PowerShell, Web Services or similar development technologies in an academic or professional setting.
• BS in Computer Science or Engineering or 5 years equivalent industry experience
• Experience working with email technologies in a technical capacity
• Service engineering and/or DevOps experience at internet scale involving user data and/or software development for an enterprise level product
• Experience supporting client/server, networking, and Internet technologies
• Ability to partner within virtual teams towards executing on multiple technical initiatives simultaneously
• Communication skills that facilitate being able to present complex technical issues to a general audience are important.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.