Would you like to be part of a world class engineering organization that is leading the way in building best-in-class solutions with latest technology to customers? Are you passionate about taking on big challenges and delivering industry-leading enterprise systems? You have passion and desire to work under an Agile DevOps culture and you enjoy the rhythm of a fast-paced startup environment? Then MBO Engineering team is the place for you.
Microsoft Business Operations (MBO) serves as the central processing center for Microsoft, handling some of the most critical business functions across the company. We manage thousands of launches, millions of transactions, process billions of dollars in revenue, and protect the company from a multitude of risks—across all regions and all markets. Our culture is inclusive, our team members come from diverse backgrounds, thrive through teamwork, and are grounded in our customer needs. Responsibilities
- As a Software Engineer, you will be involved in designing, coding, validating and supporting Data Engineering, Analytics and BI capabilities that enable our mission critical business processes.
- You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies (Big Data, Cloud) while engineering for automated testing, Continuous Integration and Deployment as well as instrumenting telemetry to monitor and trouble-shoot the customer experience.
- Implement ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Collaborate with members of your team (e.g., data architects and scientists, core developers, project managers) on the project’s goals.
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, mining, and production and deliver the data to the data science team
- Provide critical thinking, technical innovation and attention to detail.
- A Minimum of 7 years of software engineering experiences building and shipping large-scale, high performance, scalable systems and services.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent alternative education.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with SQL or NoSQL technologies like SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, etc
- 2+ years of experience with Visualization tools like Power BI.
- 1+ year of experience with scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, etc…
- 1+ Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Storm, Scala or Spark
- 2 years' minimum experience working with cloud computing platforms like Azure, AWS
- Experience working in software engineering, and can demonstrate best practices for quality control, and product development.
- Ability to work closely with our data scientists and AI teams to integrate models into the system
- Proven track record of collaborative design in an agile team environment
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with building APIs and services using REST
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker and Kubernetes
- Designed and developed scalable software using Cloud infrastructure such as MS Azure or AWS
- Software design and development experience using OOP Languages (C#, C++, Java, etc)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden