Technical Specialist Manager (Business Application) #D365
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of innovation at Microsoft?
As a Business Applications Technical Specialist Manager you will build and lead a team of Technical Specialists who are responsible for defining the solution strategy as part of the opportunity lifecycle as well as crafting and delivering a proposed solution that showcases our differentiation and business value. You and your team will drive solution decisions at the customer that will empower the business to achieve their goals and drive business outcomes with Dynamics 365 and related solutions such as AI, analytics, Power Apps and business process automation across modern and legacy applications. Responsibilities
- Develop and lead a diverse and high performing pre-sales team that supports customers in achieving their business goals.
- Attract and retain the best pre-sales talents from the market.
- Foster and model a learning culture in your team to build deep skills on core technologies, broad knowledge of adjacent solutions and professional skills.
- Coach for solution sales excellence by putting the customer first and leading with business value.
- Your practical experience will increase deal velocity by assessing the progress of customer engagements at relevant stages, and by orchestrating your team, other cross-team resources and partners on digital transformation opportunities.
- Lead your team to actively work with customers, define clear solution decision criteria for all opportunities, to secure customer commitment to Microsoft technology and to communicate like deployments for customers to realize how to deploy and consume our solutions to drive business outcomes.
- Coach your team by effectively communicating and holding the team accountable to stated objectives and outcomes.
- Escalate blockers and collaborate creatively with other field leaders and partners, as well as other internal teams such as marketing and engineering to ensure the solution needs and preferences of customers are heard.
- Empower your team to skillfully demonstrate Microsoft's value proposition internally and externally to executives by showcasing our technology innovations and building relationships with and influencing key decisions makers, both virtually and onsite.
- Drive cross team experiences that deliver increased sales and consumption.
- Ensure that the team highlights Microsoft's unique value propositions in comparison to top competitors' offerings.
- Encourage deep pre-sales community participation and the importance of gathering and sharing customer insight.
Requirements (Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required):
7+ years of related experience:
- Proven success in solution sales leadership and/or management roles.
- Solution sales for a business applications and/or SaaS-based company or similar technology.
- Solution leader of complex business application deals requiring orchestration of large, dispersed, virtual teams composed of industry and solution team members.
- Driving solutions sales best practices including but not limited to; discovery, building and crafting solution strategies that differentiate from the competition, value-based selling and challenging our with creative and innovative solutions.
- Successful track record of competitive displacement.
- Documented track record of leadership, team development, and business success.
- Ability to drive and influence stakeholders across organizational boundaries through strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, envisioning, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build a healthy pipeline of top tier pre-sales talent.
- Experienced in developing and retaining a high performing team through continuous coaching, empowering your team and holding them accountable.
- Ability to identify new market and business trends to serve as the customer's voice into Microsoft.
- Experience inspiring others through leadership, personal influence, and status as a role model based on consultative and value-based selling.
- Proven track record in prioritization and orchestration of resources for complex customer digital transformation engagements.
Deep understanding of:
- Business application solutions and how these solutions help our customers achieve their desired business outcomes.
- Commercial cloud offerings, ideally Microsoft’s cloud platform as well as competitive knowledge of other business applications and related ecosystems.
- Customer facing business processes in one or more industries such as Manufacturing, Automotive, Retail & Consumer Goods, Finance and Public Sector
- Business value selling methodologies and practices that successfully convey the value and business outcomes the proposed solution will deliver.
- How to uncover customer’s stated and unstated needs and how technology can be leveraged to solve business problems.
- The security, regulatory and compliance needs of global customers in cloud or hybrid scenarios
- Qualified leader and manager with experience building high performing teams and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion and associated track record of developing and growing people.
- Embracing of a growth mindset, insatiably curious, always learning and welcoming of challenges for the opportunity to grow.
- High level of self-awareness, reflection and empathy.
- Ability to skillfully communicate, demonstrate and prove the value of Dynamics 365 Business Applications and related solutions.
- Customer-centric mindset with demonstrated passion for delivering customer value.
- Excel at owning and coordinating team resources to successfully build and deliver a compelling and differentiated solution demonstration to our customers.
- Proven collaborator especially capable of influencing internal teams such as sales, engineering, marketing and external teams, our customers and partners.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills across various customer stakeholders, e.g. CIO, CFO, CMO, VP of Sales, etc.
- Adept at challenging perspectives and differentiating from the competition by reframing value and exemplifying customer obsession.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden