Garage PM (Program Management) Manager
The Microsoft Garage puts Microsoft’s cultural priorities into action. We run the world’s largest corporate hackathon at global Microsoft locations and hack 52 weeks a year all around the world. We are leading the charge to cultivate a culture that is committed to ideation, experimentation, and innovation. We have 12 Garage facilities around the world where we offer a variety of programming that helps our employees learn, collaborate, and work hands-on with the world’s most interesting technologies. We also offer digital and on-demand experiences to Microsoft employees, customers, and partners around the world. The Microsoft Garage works with our employees to hack for growth. We love to experiment, work on small scale projects, and bring people together to solve problems for our customers. Responsibilities
We are hiring for our program leader in Herzliya, Israel. Our candidate must have a proven track record building, producing, and delivering impactful events, employee engagements, and experiments. We are interested in a person with a strong external network, with the start-up, maker, and local communities based in Israel. The ideal candidate will have a passion for learning and technology and will have experience running and participating in hackathons. We would like a candidate who has relationships with our partners and competitive companies and, ideally, academic relationships with local universities.
- Run the day-to-day, week-to-week operation of the Microsoft Garage including developing, curating, and delivering engagement and experiences to our employees, customers, and ecosystem partners
- Lead the planning and execution of our One Week Hackathon and our other hackathons throughout the year
- Develop, curate, and deliver engagements and experiences tailored to the needs and interests of our employees and leadership in Israel
- Collaborate with your world-wide Garage colleagues to produce and curate content and experiences to offer at your local site as well as to be shared across multiple global Garage sites
- It is critical that our candidate understands and models growth-mindset behavior. Our candidate must have a passion for technology, progress, and learning.
- In The Garage, we require intellectual curiosity that propels us and motivates us to understand the contemporary technologies and scientific advancements that are shaping our industry.
- Our candidate should have a passion for community building and exploring new technologies and enabling others within our communities to explore, experience, and make things in a hands-on manner.
- Our candidate must be an exceptional collaborator, specifically with a high level of willingness to build on the work of others and to enable others to build on their work.
- Our candidate must have the maturity to recognize that the value of collaboration and leveraging the work of others is equal to the value of inventing something new.
- Our candidate must be comfortable at the front of the room on some occasions, with a magnanimous enough personality to command the attention of influential people inside and outside of Microsoft. But at the same time, our candidate must be comfortable in the back of the room allowing others to build a platform for community, experimentation, and evangelism.
- This individual will need to have a strong sense for business development and partnerships. Whether it is a partnership with an internal Microsoft engineering team, multiple engineering teams, or external entities from the local ecosystem — our candidate has to deliver on our principal of building the ‘coalition of the willing’ on projects and programs.
- A technical degree or related career experience in the technology industry and with software in particular.
- Proven experience working with and building community in a technical context.
- Experience working as a developer evangelist.
- A passion for and experience with making and the maker movement.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden