Sr. Technical Program Manager
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations and Innovation (CO+I) team builds and operates Microsoft datacenters, which in turn power Microsoft’s cloud business. We anticipate and provide capacity for continuous scale. The CO+I Engineering team (CO+IE) delivers services, applications, and automation supporting datacenter planning, construction, and operation. We own a large portfolio of services, including workflows that enable predicable, lowest cost datacenter construction, telemetry systems that drive high availability and optimized energy usage, and task and performance management applications that help our operation run as efficiently as possible. CO+I Engineering is a competitive advantage for Microsoft, and an important pillar in its cloud success.
Our core infrastructure is a target for cyber criminals and nation-state adversaries that seek to bring harm to our businesses, customers, and staff.The Security & Technology Shared Services team is focused on delivering security and technology services across the datacenter delivery lifecycle. In this role you will drive security outcomes by leading the end-to-end delivery of infrastructure (bare metal and cloud) supporting services across CO+I.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day. Responsibilities
- Define business requirements with input from key stakeholders.
- Partner with Cyber Defense and C+AI Security to understand relative risk associated with various information repositories and access scenarios, and drive consensus on prioritization and execution of scenarios.
- Partner with solution engineers to validate that designs meet or exceed business needs
- Build project timelines, estimate of level of effort, manage milestones, and course correct projects to maintain schedule.
- Identify and mitigate project execution risks.
- Define acceptance criteria and partner with engineering to ensure that features align with requirements.
- Drive User Acceptance Testing with key stakeholders
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders on projects.
- Partner with business teams to ensure that appropriate change management plans exist for the release of larger features.
- Orchestrate planning, communications, training, testing, and stakeholder management across multiple teams.
- Verify that solutions implemented capture the benefits identified during planning.
- Identify areas for continuous improvement with processes, documentation, and solutions and drive ideas to implementation.
- Help inform priorities of features based on knowledge of business and key stakeholders.
- Work with leadership to understand broader strategies for technology and ensure that solutions implemented follow best practices and contribute to long term vision for organization.
- 5+ years Technical Program Management experience working in a software engineering discipline with a demonstrated track record of delivering new features and/or applications
- Understanding infrastructure concepts, and experience with delivering infrastructure (both bare metal and cloud)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required for preparing clear, concise, and grammatically correct materials and communicating information effectively to others.
- Ability to use various project management methodologies, including agile.
- Solid customer focused, relationship focused pattern of work.
- Excellent organizational skills including calendar, email, and time management.
- Ability to create structure from abstract ideas, take initial concepts to full maturity.
- Technically savvy with the ability to solve both technical and non-technical problems.
- BS or BA in business, computer, security, or related discipline.
- Experience with Datacenter environments
- Understanding cyber security concepts and experience with leading projects that improve security outcomes.
- Experience delivering technology in an industrial environment
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. This position is eligible for remote work anywhere in the contiguous United states.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden