Head of Regulatory Affairs - South Asia
Head of XR products regulatory approvals will be responsible for managing regulatory approvals for XR products across multiple countries. This person will be tasked with leading the team, ensuring that all the Microsoft AR/VR/MR products, aligning with the quality goals and getting these products approved by the resuglatos for their respective regions. This manager will work with other organizations in Microsoft to align with technology roadmaps and be responsible for collaborating with our development organization to ensure the quality of products meet the local regulatory standards and requirements. This manager and team will interface to all local regulatory, accountable for their requirements alignment with product roadmaps, direct issues resolution to understand and prioritize features by applying detailed technical knowledge of regulatory standards. Regulatory team will also be responsible for ensure that countries have clear regulatory requirements for new technologies based on the roadmap. Take a leadership position with Regulators, local test labs to ensure their alignment with them and, ensure all issues are tracked, report back to the development teams, and drive product launches and software releases across different regions. Develop new processes for increased efficiency, automation, data analysis and end to end performance across products and help time to market initiatives of the org. If required, travel and work with the remote team members, and direct engagement with trusted certification partners. Responsibilities
- Provides direct leadership for multiple individual contributors across multiple geographies responsible for ensuring that XR product’s meet the regulatory standard in their respective regions.
- Generates and maintain compliance matrix documents for XR products.
- Analyzes new features based on the product roadmap and gather regulatory requirements, and to provide guidance and feedback to engineering and product team.
- Provides direct mentorship for members of the team on the most effective and efficient ways to certify products and technologies.
- Provides the key interface between external teams and partner test labs to internal test and development teams.
- Manage to the deliverables, schedules, quality goals and costs for ongoing projects and programs, as outlined by the program team, ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets are met in accordance with program and organizational roadmaps.
- Manages relationships with regulators and outsourced test partners, including setting expectations regarding product launch deliverables, product quality, schedules, and costs.
- Ensure that our test partners have the capability to test new XR product for regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for communication and influence inside and outside of our organization on how we utilize and integrate with our internal and external partners.
- Proactively identifies and leads process improvement and cost reductions opportunities for our organization like external vs. internal. Engages with program managers, and development leaders to communicate program status, escalate issues, and influence tactical decision-making.
- Monitor any upcoming regulation in the region and feedback to regulatory public consultation.
- Make recommendations to cross-function on resolving regulatory compliance issues.
- Studying new regulations and work with regulator, policy makers, standardization bodies, industry association to come up with compliance requirements and comprehensive strategies.
- First level university degree or equivalent experience required in an engineering discipline.
- Minimum 15 or more years of wireless industry experience, including 10 or more years of direct consumer products regulatory approvals experience.
- 5 or more years of direct management experience with regulatory approvals teams.
- Strong knowledge of wireless access technologies including WiFi, BT, LTE and 5G focusing on modem/telephony, radio systems, antenna performance, wireless communications, cellular network infrastructure, radio access network technologies, carrier certification and industry standards.
- Support and drive the carrier and industry approvals of wireless products.
- Experience working with and demonstrated delivery of products in an outsourced partner model.
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple product certification models and ability to influence and communicate inside and outside of the organization.
- Demonstrated leadership in growing high performing teams and advancing individual contributors.
- Working knowledge of devices, software, firmware, RF system architecture etc.
- Knowledge and Skills Advanced management skills including time and risk management, organizational structuring, resource prioritization, and project structuring.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with focus on engineering problems and solutions.
- Advanced communication skills catered to a wide variety of audiences. (e.g. written, verbal, presentation); mastery in English and local language.
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge, and industry experience encompassing one or more engineering, technology, and product domains.
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
# Mixed Reality
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft
Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Er is geen minimale opleiding vereist
Wat wij bieden