Principal Software Engineer
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works and plays, then we invite you to an exciting opportunity to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within Microsoft O365 Substrate Platform.
We are looking for a highly motivated, and innovative Principal Software Architect to help us build a strong consumer focused business. We value everyone’s opinion and ideas and have built a diverse and inclusive team over the years with low turnover and great work life balance. We seek engineers who are passionate about building complete, production-quality software services, with a scalable and sustainable architecture and implementation, with high performance over large data sets, and with low latency and high availability. Responsibilities
- Architect, design and develop large scale distributed software services and solutions in collaboration with teammates.
- Design services with a strong focus on high availability and scalability, robustness, and observability.
- Build software prototypes and conduct experiments to evaluate alternative architectures.
- Take end-to-end responsibility for the development, observability, quality, testing, and production readiness of the services you build.
- Adhere to and drive modern software engineering practices through code and design reviews, and by using data/telemetry to make decisions
- Develop “best-in-class” engineering for our services by ensuring that the services and the components are: well-defined and modularized, secure, reliable, reusable, diagnosable, and actively monitored
- Gain an understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with mentors and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users & customers
- Stay educated on existing and state of the art technologies, and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
• Grow and mentor junior developers. Qualifications
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 10 years' minimum experience in Software Engineering, Design, or Development.
- 5 or more years of experience designing, developing, and shipping large-scale services with enterprise scale.
- Strong coding and development skills with experience in at least one of the following languages: C# & .Net Core
- Strong passion for delivering high quality, large scale services.
- Knowledge of large-scale distributed systems and client-server architectures.
- Knowledge and experience with messaging, eventing technologies, pub/sub services
- Strong problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems as part of a team
- Strong customer focus with ability to work effectively across multiple business and technical teams to ensure continued customer happiness
• AI / Machine Learning, Data Analysis is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Wat wij bieden